Green Day

little_caro

"I got some cool tid bits on the new Green Day record. God, I love this band. May 8th is the release date for this bad boy BUT they’re running into some issues, I hear. Retailers are flipping out over the lyrical content of the record - so much so that they may not even carry the record. I heard what the lyrical content was and, I must say, it’s pretty borderline offensive.. and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t have much of a filter on saying whatever the they want.

Very much looking forward to this release! I remember the first time I heard “Dookie” and how it completely changed my life. That’s one of those records you’ve listened to sooo many times that even if you go a few years not listening to it, you still know every single word when you hear it again."

Source: http://www.withnodirectionhome.net/

wow, that must be reallyyy offensive then lol

whats some of the stuff it says though? how bad do they bash religion and stuff?

Uhm..why?

i was never a huge fan of them. i don't really know why, to be honest. they just don't strike me as being anything more than a band i can listen to every once in awhile. the only albums i really listen to by them are Dookie and their greatest hits...

but their Bullet In A Bible DVD is incredible. they are definitely in the top 5 best performers i have seen, easily. if you don't have that DVD, you gotta watch it.

so yeah, i respect them, but i just can't really get into their music so much.

i was never a huge fan of them. i don't really know why, to be honest. they just don't strike me as being anything more than a band i can listen to every once in awhile. the only albums i really listen to by them are Dookie and their greatest hits...

but their Bullet In A Bible DVD is incredible. they are definitely in the top 5 best performers i have seen, easily. if you don't have that DVD, you gotta watch it.

so yeah, i respect them, but i just can't really get into their music so much.

Yeah, I see. The same with me with another band...So I can understand.

Bullet In A Bible is sooo great. I've watched it many times.

Dookie is the best, I agree.:mrgreen: