The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

Iced Earth, just too hard rhythm guitar wise haha. I knew a dude that could play half an album of their stuff in one sitting, had some extreme down picking skill

I'm not a good down picker to be honest (due to lack of practice in that area), I have trouble with Master of Puppets lol, but yet I can play all this stuff that needs galloping perfectly.

Yeah I know, it's crazy.

I've heard both albums over 100 times, but the similarity did not occur to me until about 2 months ago, after I'd heard each album about 75 times each.

The rhythmic pattern of the guitar riff is identical though at the least, even if it's perhaps not entirely the same drum or bass wise.

I can play most of that song actually, it's a serious workout, but it's doable.

And since I have a 7 string I don't need to tune down to D, I can just transpose it! Suck it bitch :P

Although it would be easier to just play it on a guitar tuned to D standard lol.

:crybad::crybad::crybad::crybad::crybad::crybad:

Man who smashes 7 strings makes Harry cry.

Unless it's one of those god awful Dimebag Razorback 7 strings.

You can smash one of those.

Or one of the really lower end Ibanez GAX series 7 strings.

Smash those too.

Those are retardedly over priced to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, they are GREAT guitars, but man, those things sell for the price that custom guitars can be made.

In Australia at least, an EBMM JP is 3499 AUD, whereas I can get a custom made 7 string built locally for 1000 dollars less.

And I don't have to be stuck with basswood.

I don't mind basswood, but I MUCH prefer mahogany bodies.