The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

Guys, I need your help.

I have to look every word up from a text I got in English class. I don't know what "their marriage is not on the rocks" means. Mainly the bolded part. I'd really appreciate if you could help me.

generally, from what i know anyway, saying something is on the rocks means it's not going well/it's having trouble

so saying their marriage is not on the rocks probably means their marriage is still going well

• Like 1

generally, from what i know anyway, saying something is on the rocks means it's not going well/it's having trouble

so saying their marriage is not on the rocks probably means their marriage is still going well

The text is that: "Every four years couples gather in the Essex village of Great Dunmow to convince a group of complete strangers that their marriage is not on the rocks."

Well, thanks! I'm always having problems with expressions.

Thanks again.

The text is that: "Every four years couples gather in the Essex village of Great Dunmow to convince a group of complete strangers that their marriage is not on the rocks."

Well, thanks! I'm always having problems with expressions.

Thanks again.

you're welcome

i'm assuming that means they gather around to show people they're still happy together

i could be wrong though haha