What are you listening to? - Part 9

thebrowncoat

Mmm, Devin Townsend's new album... It's hard. To digest. As I've read, it's all about restraint, about how the climax that feels like is right around the next corner never comes. Seeing how the dude comes out of his one-year break by releasing four albums almost simultaneously, I can see the album as a part of a bigger whole. On it's own, it leaves an uneasy feeling, a deeper one than I've ever experienced with an album. It's probably exactly what Devin wanted, but as of now, I'm not too happy about it. We'll see how this thing develops.

Mmm, Devin Townsend's new album... It's hard. To digest. As I've read, it's all about restraint, about how the climax that feels like is right around the next corner never comes. Seeing how the dude comes out of his one-year break by releasing four albums almost simultaneously, I can see the album as a part of a bigger whole. On it's own, it leaves an uneasy feeling, a deeper one than I've ever experienced with an album. It's probably exactly what Devin wanted, but as of now, I'm not too happy about it. We'll see how this thing develops.

wow you even detail in what you're listening to thread!

Well hey, I might as well write something about it. :) No one cares about what I'm listening to anyway. Think about it as a monologue. Sad, yes, but I don't feel like starting my own blog. :)

Writing things down always helps in organizing your thoughts.