Obama day!

Sophie_*!

i actually didn't see the inauguration, i did however vote for Obama. No i did not vote for him because he is black. I spent time researching the two candidates and i watched the debates and i liked Obama better. I'm a democrat, but i'm somewhat conservative on some issues. I think Obama is going to do a great job.

anyways..i'm so excited that Bush is gone. It's an end of an error :D

i actually didn't see the inauguration, i did however vote for Obama. No i did not vote for him because he is black. I spent time researching the two candidates and i watched the debates and i liked Obama better. I'm a democrat, but i'm somewhat conservative on some issues. I think Obama is going to do a great job.

anyways..i'm so excited that Bush is gone. It's an end of an error :D

i agree!

too bad i couldn't vote for Obama :(

^ bahaha.... Ernie you make me laugh.

I missed the cut off for voting by a month and a half.

Honestly, I would have voted for McMain, because I'm conservative on a lot of the big issues.

HOWEVER, I think that Obama is going to bring a lot of change to the nation, and I'm giving him a chance.

I would have voted, but it wouldn't have mattered. It's obvious Michigan was going to go Democrat, and 71% of the people did. So, thanks to the electoral college, my vote wouldn't have mattered, and the same for everyone who votes against whatever their state's majority votes for.

I would have voted, but it wouldn't have mattered. It's obvious Michigan was going to go Democrat, and 71% of the people did. So, thanks to the electoral college, my vote wouldn't have mattered, and the same for everyone who votes against whatever their state's majority votes for.

Yeah, I felt my vote was wasted because I'm also from Michigan and EVERYTHING (yes i mean everything, even local positions) went to the democratic candidate even if they were way less qualified than the republican. I think this may be true elsewhere (I mean Al Franken a senator, CMON PEOPLE).

Now some people commented on Bush (not gonna quote cause it was in quite a few posts). He was overalll an okay president and gets a bad rap for things that he can't even control (the president can't fix everything for you and shouldn't. James Madison said that the legislative branch shouldn't give out charity). He, for example, kept us safe for 7 years, stopped a dictator (despite reports we are now winning the Iraq war and should be able to pull out in the next couple years with little consequence), gave lots of charity to africa (aids stuff mostly), and most important stuck to guns and did whatever he thought was right for his country. However, (and this is the reason why I say he is meh) the bank bailout is his Waterloo. It was a complete and utter disaster and I can't beleive that Dems are considering other bailouts and stimulus packages because their track recored isn't good at all. We need to let things go to hell before they can get better, otherwise we'll be on the downslide or downturn forever.

As for Obama, all I can hope for is that he proves me wrong but with his order to close Gitmo.... (this means those terrorists could be in your local prisions. i mean its pretty much gonna be the republican state prisions where terrorists are housed which is a horrible idea)... I'm doubtful that he is gonna be a good president.

I know I said that I was gonna leave this thread but I just had to say these things.