Offensive language

donttouchmebia

there are just somethings ill never understand why people say or use as a way to put someone or something down. i find it offensive when people use words such as: gay, fag and/or anything inbetween. its completely NOT COOL. i must admit i find myself saying gay in that context, but its because i used to say it and im guilty. i get upset wen i hear it and i get even more angry wen i find it slipping off of my tongue. anyone else feel the same way?

---i think we should ban these words from our vocabulary---

since going to college and becoming friends with many gay people yes i agree.. although i also believe that a person is entitled to say what he/she wishes.. my friends all know how i am, and they are at the pt where if i do slip and say it, like "oh thats so gay." they really dont mind, cuz they love me anyway.. u know lol..

but thats just me..

yeah im not trying to say that people arent entitled to say things...i just read something and it upset me so i just kinda went off on a tangent.

And what about lame? Are we insulting people with injured limbs?

dude i never knew that! thas weird.

lol

I use to use the term "oh that's so gay" all the time, then one of my friends came out and I tip toed around using it.

I also found out that one of my counterstrike (online game) buddies was gay too and I also tip toed around using the term.

The thing is, both those people don't mind me using that term, and in fact were slightly offended with me trying to tip toe around it. They actually use the term themselves because to them it's just a light hearted remark as long as they know the user means nothing by it.

I wouldn't take offense if they used the term "chink" to me as long as I know it's completely light hearted.

i use to say gay a lot. and when i heard myself saying it. it just didn't sound right

so i don't use it in my vocabulary word anymore. i mean once in awhile it will slip out. but i try not too

and i try not to curse as much

when i do..its probably becuase im really mad

and when i hear other kids around school, calling things gay.

they purporly do it to make the "gay" kids mad.

becuase my school is un open to diffrent sex kids.

gah..i strongly dislike kids at school

it slips off my tongue numerous times a day.. im just glad im home now and alot of my friends at school wont hear it.. i dont know why i say, but it just happens and there aint no stopping it.. i love my friends up at school, so i mean obviously im not trying to be hurtful by saying it..

yeah everyone just tends to get that word in their vocabulary one way or another. i just dont like how its just pushed aside and people think its okay to use freely. i see what everyone is saying how..."everyone can say whatever they want" but there are somethings i just cant help use as fuel for my fire against people i dont like. and words i find offensive is one of them. so in my book its not okay to use those words.

Well, we say things are stupid when we really just don't like them. Does that mean we're insulting stupid people? And what about lame? Are we insulting people with injured limbs?

me ntally challenged people shouldn't be used as an insult, stupid people are fair game though, thats their own fault.

Well' date=' we say things are stupid when we really just don't like them. Does that mean we're insulting stupid people? And what about lame? Are we insulting people with injured limbs?[/quote']

me ntally challenged people shouldn't be used as an insult, stupid people are fair game though, thats their own fault.

lolololol!!!! line of the day right there hahahahaha..

i understand that it might tick some people off, it ticks me off at times too, but i just tell myself they usually don't mean anything bad by it. and trust me. you know when they mean something and when they don't....but i don't want to have to feel like i'm forced to watch my mouth around certain people [excluding adults,parents, teachers...etc]

say what you want to say

just don't take it too far

know your limits

Well' date=' we say things are stupid when we really just don't like them. Does that mean we're insulting stupid people? And what about lame? Are we insulting people with injured limbs?[/quote']

I think you're confusing stupidity and ignorance. People aren't stupid by choice.

adj 1: lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity

Stupidity as in insult is what you said, but stupidity is actually alck of intelligence, something you don't decided to have. So it jsut comees down to how you use it, like gay and lame. It has an actual menaing, and it doubles as an insult.

if u said thats lame around a sick person and they got offended, they pretty much have no life and just walk the world looking for DRAMA!!

since i hate drama, i could be gay, black, jewish, stupid, lame, retarded and if someone made a comment i wouldnt give two shits.. cuz i know that it is slang and more than likely that person is saying it to refer to something they dont like.. doesnt necessarily mean they hate jews or gays, u know.. and even if they are saying it to be offensive, screw them in the ass, cuz i dont a rats-ass what u think.. if ur gonna be ignorant and uneducated, its gonna go in one ear and out the other and i wont think twice about what u said.. cuz ur that dumb.. OH SNAP!! lol, i got that guy lol.. but no seriously thats what i think.. :D