What Are You Listening To? - Part 11

RenegadeRoss

In the BTBAM mode huh?

Ever since I got Colors in February last year, I don't think a week has passed since I heard that album, so every week I'm in the BTBAM mood lol.

I've heard Colors so many times that I can't be bothered to listen to it anymore, especially when Alaska is still fairly unknown to me when compared to it.

Between The Buried And Me - Croakies And Boatshoes

I've heard Colors so many times that I can't be bothered to listen to it anymore, especially when Alaska is still fairly unknown to me when compared to it.

Between The Buried And Me - Croakies And Boatshoes

I'd say I've heard Colors at least 200 times lol, if not even more.

I like Alaska, but it doesn't top Colors.

Between The Buried And Me - Selkies

Right now, I disagree. :hyper:

Selkies is truly "TEH PWNAGE".

The solo was actually what made me want to learn sweep picking again.

In late 2007, I gave up sweeping completely because it was frustrating and I felt like I couldn't improve at it and it was just totally sloppy, then I heard the Selkies solo and said to myself "Woa, I gotta learn to sweep again" and strangely I progressed faster at sweeping in about 2 months than I did in all the time I had spent on it before.

I guess it helped when I was learning I was truly having fun and enjoying the musical aspect rather than running through monotonous, soul-less sweep arpeggio exercises.

Between The Buried And Me - Roboturner

For me, it was originally Leper Messiah, and then later on came Glass Prison and Smoke & Mirrors. I've never even tried to learn Selkies, though. I guess that's coming up next when I dig out my electric guitar again...

Between The Buried And Me - Roboturner

For me, it was originally Leper Messiah, and then later on came Glass Prison and Smoke & Mirrors. I've never even tried to learn Selkies, though. I guess that's coming up next when I dig out my electric guitar again...

It's all relatively easy, the part that might kill you, as it did me, is the very last sweep, which is a 6 string G# diminished sweep. I must mention I play this in E standard though (E standard to 6 strings.........B standard to cool bastards like me who own a 7 string :P:twisted:), so understandably the stretches become a bit bigger and the diminished sweep becomes particularly challenging.

Protest The Hero- Sequoia Throne