The Homework/School Thread

paint the sky grey

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tips about what you should go see when you're there? haha

well we were only there for one night so we didn't see much

the mount royal area is fun to wander around (not so much when it's like -40 though like we did...haha)

from what i remember they have a huge mall connected to the metro station but i could be making that up...

i'll ask my mom about it later because she used to live there

this might help until then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmarks_of_Montreal

"Compare and contrast the way the writers present feelings of being trapped in relationships in Wuthering Heights, Birthday Letters and Taming of the Shrew."

who's gonna go there for me, anyone ? please ? pretty please ? pretty please with a cherry on top ?

Well in Taming of the Shrew Kate feels forced into her relationship with Pertuchio because her sister, Bianca cant get married unless Kate is married first.

I hope that somewhat helps.

^Ummm, i can't really remember a whole lot... but there's an american couple that go to morrocco, and the woman get shot. the morroccans who shot the woman get labelled as terrorists in the media when they aren't at all it was just an accident. well, not quite an accident, but not planned. that's about as prejudice as you get when it comes to racial stereotyping and america's enthusiasm for naming everyone and everything a terrorist.

the other storylines are when the mexican nanny goes to mexico with the american couple's kids and can't get back in, and then there's this guy with a deaf daughter. i can't remember a whole lot because i saw this when it came out which was what, nearly 4 years ago now ? but i'm sure if you make some generic prejudice notions up about mexican/mexican border control and the limitations of deafness as a disability etc. you'll be close to the mark !

Doublepost again, sorry for that.

I have to write an article about learning foreign languages in school, therefore I was just wondering about some stuff, it'd appreciate it if you guys can help me out a little :)

1: Do/did you learn foreign languages in school?

2: If so, could you choose to do it or does everyone has to?

3: What languages can you take at your school?

:)

I have to write an article about learning foreign languages in school, therefore I was just wondering about some stuff, it'd appreciate it if you guys can help me out a little :)

1. Yes

2. It was compulsary from roughly the ages of ten to sixteen.

3. French, German and Spanish.

1: Yes. And I still do. Once you start learning a language (I've been learning foreign languages since the first grade),you continue until you end your studies.

2: Unfortunately,we couldn't choose if we want to study a language or not.

We couldn't choose the language either,so everybody has to learn the same language.

3: English (from the first grade),French or German(depends on what the school decides,from the 5th grade),Spanish(9th grade) and Latin(8th grade),if it can be considered a foreign language.

Hope this is okay. :D

1: Do/did you learn foreign languages in school? i did for one year, yeah

2: If so, could you choose to do it or does everyone has to? depends on the school and grade mostly

the school i went to for grade six it was mandatory but once you reach junior/senior high it's an option

unless you're in a french immersion school, then i assume it's always mandatory

3: What languages can you take at your school? french and spanish are common, the school i'm doing my work through now also has german and ukrainian

1) Yes.

2) Compulsary ages 11-16 :\

3) French, German and Spanish

:]

1. i did, yeah,

2. it had just changed the year i started that it wasn't compulsory, as far as i know it still isn't but i could be wrong

3. um, when i did it it was spanish, french, or german. unless latin counts as one. also i think we've just started teaching punjabi at our school too...

i'm out of touch with the foreign languages thing, i did French for GCSE and that was that. ironically (well, maybe not ironically) i hated french whilst i was studying it, but the past 2 years i haven't i actually really love the language.