The Homework/School Thread

paint the sky grey

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just found out why I have always hated math. I remember nothing of what I learned in school. Even had a semester of math at Uni. The same with french. Had 2 years of french in school, can't speak any word of it now, lol.

Try five years of French and not remembering any of it ;-):lol:

gee whizz, Ross, thanks a bunch ;-) surely it wasn't that long ago ? But ah man, it's such effort :(

It was about two years ago now haha. I, essentially, butchered my CV. I might still have my, or my friends, personal statement(s) saved on my computer so I'll have a hunt for you.

im usually not bad with algebra but idk how to factor

x^4 - 2x^2 + 1

25 - 16t^2

and

x^6 - 1

[(1-x)(1+x)]^2

(5-4t)(5+4t)

(x^3 -1)(x^3 +1).

They're all a difference of two squares. The second and third one have no working. The first one you factor into being (1 - x^2)(1 - x^2). Which simplifies to [(1 - x^2)]^2 and then you apply the difference of two squares.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly not haha, that sounds difficult!

Ive just did my Human Resource Management homework having to describe the 4 main steps of the evolution of HRM and then define HRM and explain why i define it that way.

Load. of. Balls.

i've been putting off an english essay that i really need to get done but i'm having trouble coming up with stuff to say

so i have two quick questions for you guys

1. what do you think is important in a best friend?

2. why is your best friend your best friend?

if i don't have ideas after that i'm screwed :P

^ Well,I can only help with the first question [it's too late for me to think of anything right now,haha]. I think the most important thing in a "best friend relationship",to call it like that is time. You can't meet a person now and after 5 minutes "Yeees,we're best friends!". The "chemistry" might be important too + talking appropriately. Listening to a friend when he's in a trouble means that the problem is half solved,in one way or another. Loyalty/Trustworthy and other stuff like that. Oh,and revealing their feelings counts too. [ok,I hope this didn't tangle you or anything. ;s]

i've been putting off an english essay that i really need to get done but i'm having trouble coming up with stuff to say

so i have two quick questions for you guys

1. what do you think is important in a best friend?

2. why is your best friend your best friend?

if i don't have ideas after that i'm screwed :P

1. Honesty. More things can be overcomed if there is honesty beween friends... if that persion you think of your best friend goes around and tells things about you ant can't tell them into your face that is bad...

2. i tink my best friend is like my never had sister. and she is that way couse i can tell her everything,sometimes i feel she can read my mind. we r completely diferent persons who fits perfectly.

hope i helped

1. Honesty. More things can be overcomed if there is honesty beween friends... if that persion you think of your best friend goes around and tells things about you ant can't tell them into your face that is bad...

2. i tink my best friend is like my never had sister. and she is that way couse i can tell her everything,sometimes i feel she can read my mind. we r completely diferent persons who fits perfectly.

hope i helped

you did, thanks :D