The Homework/School Thread

paint the sky grey

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think you'll need the other languages(or have you already have use for it?) later, when it comes to job/traveling etc? i probably won't but it's probably handy in eastern canada to know french and i know it's mandatory to be bilingual if you're employed by the federal government

Yay, thank you guys! :)

Also, one last thing;

Do you think you'll need the other languages(or have you already have use for it?) later, when it comes to job/traveling etc?

For me, not really. I've had to use it in work sometimes to serve French customers but outside of work the only time I use it is to help

my brother with his French.

Do you think you'll need the other languages(or have you already have use for it?) later, when it comes to job/traveling etc?

Yes, to an extent, but out of the 6 times i've been in france for a prolonged period of time i swear down i've only ever spoken roughly 6 sentences in french ? if that. avit, english...

Yes. Even if everybody is supposed to know at least a few words in English,people might find themselves in a country where people don't speak English (yeah,it happens). So yeah,I think that all these other languages might become pretty useful in this kind of situation.

pffffft, dont be ridiculous

Really. :shifty: There was this trip to Poland,organised by my school,and when they got there,they couldn't find the hotel. And they asked in English,people couldn't understand. They even tried in French and German,nothing. :shifty: And I'm not talking about old people,I'm talking about people that were about 20 years old. :shifty:

And honestly,it would happen here in Romania,as well. People would actually think you're crazy if you asked them something in English. ;s

Merci guys :]

If you go to France, and go outside of the big cites or tourist areas. People suck at English, haha. It's quite funny actually. My dad asked for the pharmacy, a lot of people just ignored him when he asked, and when they answered they show him the way a whole other places :P

Doublepost again, sorry for that.

I have to write an article about learning foreign languages in school, therefore I was just wondering about some stuff, it'd appreciate it if you guys can help me out a little :)

1: Do/did you learn foreign languages in school?

2: If so, could you choose to do it or does everyone has to?

3: What languages can you take at your school?

:)

1. yes

2. Russian from 3grade abd English from 5th and they r obligatory

3. French, German,Russian,English and i think that they have itallian now

Yay, thank you guys! :)

Also, one last thing;

yeah, i would love that we had Spanish or Italian instead od Russian, which i was learning for 6 years and still can not properly speak.

1: Do/did you learn foreign languages in school? I do.

2: If so, could you choose to do it or does everyone has to? Everyone gets French,German and English in the first 2/3 years. After that, you can decide to keep all three, only have English or Have English and German or French.

3: What languages can you take at your school? Those 3 (and Dutch of course).

Eh obviously since you wouldn't understand what I've written down here if it was in Dutch :rotfl: Nah kidding, but yeah I've used it when I went to Poland (I agree with Diana, sometimes I went nuts there :rotfl: ''Do you want cheese?'' ''No thanks I'm fine'' ''Sure?'' ''Yeah definitely I'm full!'' ''Oh okay here you go'' (and the cheese SMELLED BAD :crybad: / off topic..)

I have to write an article about learning foreign languages in school, therefore I was just wondering about some stuff, it'd appreciate it if you guys can help me out a little :)

1. Yes

2. Compulsory from 12 to 14, optional 15-16

3. French or German

And I wouldn't need the other languages, unless I travel to France (which I don't plan on doing :P) I actually can't remember anything in French.

Oh, we also did the Welsh language, if that counts :shifty: That was compulsory 12-16.

1: yes.

2: Everyone has to do english and another one for 2 years, there we can choose between russian and french.

3: english, german, french, russian, latin

1: yes

2: you had to take at least 3 years of it in high school, some people did all 4

4: spanish, french, italian, latin