Confession Thread - Part 8

RenegadeRoss

I one had a "job".

I actually got paid like 20 dollars an hour to deliver these garbage disposal advertisement things to people's mail boxes.

It made me a rather healthy man walking 6 hours a day lol.

That is, until I totally fucked up my ankle one day while doing it and couldn't walk properly for a while and had to quit doing it lol.

Now it's time for others to laugh at my misfortune:lol:

I one had a "job".

I actually got paid like 20 dollars an hour to deliver these garbage disposal advertisement things to people's mail boxes.

It made me a rather healthy man walking 6 hours a day lol.

That is, until I totally fucked up my ankle one day while doing it and couldn't walk properly for a while and had to quit doing it lol.

Now it's time for others to laugh at my misfortune:lol:

$20! That's great pay! Oh wait, that's Australian money...

EDIT: Oh, its $18 converted. That's fantastic!

20 dollars an hour here is almost double what you get working at Macdonalds, Burger King or KFC or any of that fast food crap , so i wasn't complaining lol

I wouldn't be complaining either. I want that job!

Well I am back to the unemployment line as it is anyway.

I start receiving unemployment benefit money in about 2 weeks, but it's like, 450 dollars a fortnight. Luckily I don't pay bills or anything, but for anyone that lives alone and has to pay rent/bills etc, 450 dollars every 2 weeks is basically poverty lol

I start receiving unemployment benefit money in about 2 weeks, but it's like, 450 dollars a fortnight. Luckily I don't pay bills or anything, but for anyone that lives alone and has to pay rent/bills etc, 450 dollars every 2 weeks is basically poverty lol

Wow, 21 years old and you applied for unemployment? You must be faking the system or something, lol.

450? I know the currency converted is different but most people on "Job Seekers Allowance" or whatever they're calling it now in the UK, would get about £50-£60 a week.

I confess people on benefits who don't deserve benefits are annoying, this woman wanted to apply for a loan a couple weeks back in work, and she was getting £1,600+ a month in benefits. So £1,600 for doing nothing, and that was for her - that wasn't including her partner :nono:

I confess people on benefits who don't deserve benefits are annoying, this woman wanted to apply for a loan a couple weeks back in work, and she was getting £1,600+ a month in benefits. So £1,600 for doing nothing, and that was for her - that wasn't including her partner :nono:

That's just greedy. That's what you tax money is going for, so that's gotta suck.

Wow, 21 years old and you applied for unemployment? You must be faking the system or something, lol.

I'm not sure what you mean:? and I have no idea how the American system works.

In Australia, once you turn 21, you are entitled to the full level of payment (which is approx 450 Dollars per fortnight) regardless of your situation (living with parents, or not, doesn't matter).

AFAIK you can apply for unemployment as young as 18 here in Australia, but people under the age of 21 are not eligible for the full payment if they live with parents/dependent on parents.

450? I know the currency converted is different but most people on "Job Seekers Allowance" or whatever they're calling it now in the UK, would get about £50-£60 a week.

50-60 pounds a week? Fuck that, haha.

We call it "New Start Allowance" here but it basically means the same thing as Job Seekers Allowance.....well, actually, really it is the same thing.

And yeah, fuck people who scam the system.

She should have her vagina removed with force.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean:? and I have no idea how the American system works.

In Australia, once you turn 21, you are entitled to the full level of payment (which is approx 450 Dollars per fortnight) regardless of your situation (living with parents, or not, doesn't matter).

AFAIK you can apply for unemployment as young as 18 here in Australia, but people under the age of 21 are not eligible for the full payment if they live with parents/dependent on parents.

Oh I see, our system is a bit different, of what I'm aware, you must be married/or have a children in order to receive unemployment funds.