Infamous Spam Thread - Part 16

RenegadeRoss

Yes 8-)

Well,I've just started listening to them. They were on the soundtrack of "Flash forward" and yeah :shifty:

Put on BNE and then Garden from the album Ten, listen side by side and you might be able to hear what I mean by the loudness wars.

What has happened over the years basically, is music has just gotten louder and louder.

Some albums have been mastered so loudly to the point where you can literally hear audible distortion in the sound, which sounds kinda disgusting.

Riot! is a little bit quieter than most 2007 releases as far as I can hear, which is a good thing.

I don't particularly mind if music is loud, but once you hear it physically distorting, then it's bad.

The last Metallica album has a lot of distortion in the sound, and even though I didn't like the music much, just the fact the sound is distorting from the mastering made me not want to buy it at all.

Well actually, with the last Metallica album, people that didn't normally notice how loud music was becoming, started to notice it, because the sound distorts really easily on cheap speakers, and of course, most people own cheap speakers anyway.