Help for a newbie

travel_hymn

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often are you practicing Lara? You way you are talking about it, it's like you are spending 2 hours a day just trying to force your fingers to get the hang of switching chords:lol:

Seriously, just do maybe 20-30 minutes a day, varying things up. One good rule of thumb is that even 30 minutes of practice per day (3 and a half hours per week) is significantly better than 3 and a half hours once per week.

Hell, as crazy as it sounds, even I have my occasional entire day off from playing.

What you might slightly lose in technique, I believe you gain in perspective, so I feel nothing is really lost anyway.

Although I generally wont go more than one day off at a time and that's rare for me anyway.

I got wrist problems, but when it burns, I don't give up.

Its all about a "can-do" mentality.

Yeah and nah.

Do you mean as in keep going even when you feel pain, or stop for that day but try again the next?

Generally as soon as I feel any sign of unhealthy pain, I pack it in for the day and wait for the next day.

Yeah and nah.

Do you mean as in keep going even when you feel pain, or stop for that day but try again the next?

Generally as soon as I feel any sign of unhealthy pain, I pack it in for the day and wait for the next day.

Kinda both. Depending on how bad it hurts, really. I just wanna get used to it, so I keep going.

i really don't want to offend you or get into an argument or anything over this, Lara my dear...

...but if it really hurts that much... and i am sorry about this...

...go to the doctor ? like, really :/ i'm not going to ask why, but the implications of proper fucking up your back for life must outweigh the crap of going to a doctor super quickly ? it could be nothing, but it could be something, you know

I do believe I have Jorgji's back on this one.

Don't let that shit go unchecked. My back pain has receded totally for the last 3 days, but I'm not chancing it, I'm definitely going to see a GP or physio or chiropractor next week.

Back pain ain't fun, I know many people younger than myself with pretty bad back problems already and for them it's pretty horrible.

Your choice, but you're potentially fucking yourself if you don't get it checked out