Best and worst of 2009

Guro

best part of this year....my bff, definitely

worst part...i didn't graduate high school like i was supposed to and my parents split up

both have made me feel pretty shitty

i don't have super high expectations for 2010, just don't be as miserable as this year

i'd like to actually accomplish something for once

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best: saw paramore a ton this year, met paramore and hanging with my best friend

worst: there are alot of bad things that happened and i cant really name one specific

2010: i hope my mom gets better. i hope my dad wises up. i hope i get into college and actually go. i hope i lose 35 pounds. i hope everything gets better with my family

best?

• Meeting new people, making new friends
  • Finally going to concerts!
  • Meeting Enter Shikari <3
  • Meeting SYG <3
  • Graduating from high school
  • Straight A's first semester of university :hyper:

worst?

• Illness
  • Depression/anxiety
  • Not passing 2 of my AP Exams :/
  • My AP classes and the people in them....
  • Having people bitch in high school, but what's new

So the good outweights the bad here. The worst of the worst was the anxiety, because of final exams in high school and wondering whether I would get accepted to the uni I wanted. It all worked out fine. :)

Hopefully 2010 sees more concerts, meeting more people, and my college classes won't be too stressful, hopefully...I have to take physics, chemistry and statistics in 2010. :shifty:

I have no resolutions, I never make any. I just take things as they come and go...I don't plan it.

Well the worst moment has to be when my brother was killed in a car crash back in August. It's been 5 months, but it feels so much longer. And it is literally the worst thing that any family could go through. Sometimes I wonder what it was we did to deserve this.

And the best moment was probably when I started work back in February, it felt as though I'd really accomplished something worthwhile when I started there.

The best definately would be when I seen Boys Like Girls live and The Latency twice.

Worst in the year was probably when my sister was in the hospital numerous times for a long time period. It was definately lonely and quiet. Just not the same for me.

I sure hope 2010 brings me some better memories!

best and worst?

I have no idea.

really.

I don't have best and worst moments,I guess.

Same with me, can't really place anything good or bad.

Although work has improved so that could be a good thing to list, but it's a weak one lol

New years resolutions? I won't bother with any cause I never usually keep them. I'll have one or two in the back of my mind though.

Best:

-Moving to Nashville to attend the university I've been dreaming of going to since I was 15. And making some of the greatest friends there.

-Seeing Ben Folds in a Starbucks in Nashville.

-Finally seeing This Providence after I've been a fan for ages.

-The mess of bands I was able to meet this year.

Worst:

-Finding out that one of my friends was not who he really said he was. It really bummed me out for a long while. Hopefully he'll come around and realize what he's doing is killing him.

As for 2010:

-I'm not eating any red meats.

-I'm cutting out soda, energy drinks, juices (basically all I'm gonna drink is milk, water, tea and coffee).

-I'm gonna limit my consumption of sweets.

-I'm gonna start working out.

Basically, I'm sick of being "one of the boys" so I'm gonna try and kinda make myself a wee bit more girly.

Jeez 2009 was an AMAZING YEAR.

The best: ITs obvious. But i managed to make friends and then meet Louise (x-Decoy) and 3 days after my 21st Birthday she became my girlfriend. 6months on and we're still together :)

I also had the great great pleasure of meeting two people i consider best friends. Laura nd James off of these boards. Really amazing people who i love having in my life. I truely do.

I Started a new job as well and i also travelled to Wales to see Motherwell play for my 2nd European Adventure.

I seen Paramore twice, including a sell out intimite gig in London, which was an amazing experience.

The worst: The depression at the start of the year i would say.

Best:

-Moving to Nashville to attend the university I've been dreaming of going to since I was 15. And making some of the greatest friends there.

-Seeing Ben Folds in a Starbucks in Nashville.

-Finally seeing This Providence after I've been a fan for ages.

-The mess of bands I was able to meet this year.

Worst:

-Finding out that one of my friends was not who he really said he was. It really bummed me out for a long while. Hopefully he'll come around and realize what he's doing is killing him.

As for 2010:

-I'm not eating any red meats.

-I'm cutting out soda, energy drinks, juices (basically all I'm gonna drink is milk, water, tea and coffee).

-I'm gonna limit my consumption of sweets.

-I'm gonna start working out.

Basically, I'm sick of being "one of the boys" so I'm gonna try and kinda make myself a wee bit more girly.

i want to do this too

...we'll see how well that actually works haha

Best:

The Paramore concert.

Slowly discovering myself.

Studying pretty hard and getting the grades I deserved.

Being myself even when it was hard to.

Worst:

Separation from my family

Friends slowly fading away

Friends doing crazy crap and pushing me to do it.

My dad's urge to let himself go and not care about his health.

My dad's urge to die.

Best moments of the year would certainly have to be the moments I had with my friends, getting to play some fun shows, getting to ride in a drift-racing car, dancing the Irish dance before the school and just having such a wonderful time with that, etc. There were tremendous amounts of good moments in the year.

Worst moments would have to be receiving the news that my brother-in-law was dying (by the grace of God, a true miracle even, he survived), my friend going into emergency brain surgery that same week, my two dogs dying, getting rushed to urgent care, all that crap stuff. There were also a tremendous amount of bad stuff that went on, but alas, we take what we learn from it and we move on hopefully stronger.

In 2010 I hope to become a better person--not so withdrawn from the world, to stay out of summer school for Geometry, to get better at guitar, to live life to its fullest, etc. I have a few resolutions including not cursing, or at least not cursing as much as usual =]

Best-

Joining this fourm. I've met so many amazing, supportive people, a few of which have become the some of the best friends I will probably ever have, other people have become like siblings to me. Realizing that most people aren't out to get me was also really nice.

Worst-

My parents still constantly fighting and my grandmothers death were both really horrible but the worst thing that happened this year was my depression and how I started relying on self destructive behaviors to get me through it. Cutting is addictive, but my promise to myself for 2010 is to stop, be free of it, every time I feel stressed or angry or depressed I don't want to pick up a blade. I don't want to need it. I don't want to yearn for it. I just want to be free.

Next year I want to-

Stop all bad behaviors I've picked this year.

Take care of myself a bit better.

Try not to be on the computer so much (haha, yeah right).

Best things of 2009:

- I managed to win the fight against my big problems with alcohol, and stopped drinking on a daily basis and stopped getting insanely wasted at every single party.

- I know this sounds silly to some of you that don't understand the feeling, but I got back into marijuana properly again and I absolutely love it and the way it's opened up my mind and opened me up as a person.

- My confidence in myself improved. I really made an effort to start dressing much nicer when I go out to the pub or somewhere decent.

I used to think it was kind of gay to moisturize and to wear clothes that were actually nice, but now I don't give two fucks and do it because it makes me feel better about myself.

My social life also improved dramatically compared to 2008

- I matured and grew up much faster in one year than I did in the last 5 years before it.

- I truly learnt the values of friendship like never before and who my true friends are.

- Joining this forum kicked ass. Met some rad people and found out about VersaEmerge through here, and now I absolutely fucking love that band so much.

- Getting to live alone for the last quarter of the year ruled.

- Started playing 7 string guitars.

Worst of 2009:

- My anxiety problems are still with me, much the same as with Kayla and Lara.

Of course as a by product of anxiety is depression

- Getting diagnosed with Social Phobia and Generalized Anxiety. I know have to seek psychological help, because if I don't I am certain I will commit suicide within the next few years, because I will not be able to bear it if I get a nervous breakdown again like I did in 2008.

Fortunately, I am due to start getting cognitive therapy within weeks

- Still was very much plagued with a lot of self esteem issues

2009 is over here, but I still wanted to do that.

The best moment I remember so far is seeing Paramore, that meant and still means a lot to me. Demi, Shannon, Guro and I grew closer as friends, which I call one of the best things 2009, because those girls are amazing.

Some of the worst things from 2009 are that I've drifted apart from my best friend from time to time and I never wanted this to happen, but it did. sometimes when I talk to her, it seems like I don't know her anymore. last summer there were some complicated family problems and they still seem to be there. I really don't have specific moments where I'd say that's the worst part of 2009, but when summer started the problems came along. but I guess, I have to move on.

For 2010 my biggest wish is that my sister gets better and the family problems get solved. anything besides that doesn't really matter.

Best moments had to be seeing Paramore live. It was epic. Also, my baby cousin being born. I've never been so happy in my life.

Worst moments. Finding out my cousin wasn't coming back from Chicago. Finding out my other cousin is going to Australia.

New years resolution, maybe try harder in school. And also, to concentrate so hard on my band and I'm gonna try and get us a gig outside of school.

Superstoked on just making it through the year intact, passing my exams, getting to skate prague with like, my idol, was radtastic, getting a section in a legit skate video... i don't know this year's been pretty rad. Turned 18 this year too, yess !

Bad times are applying for uni, has been SO STRESSFUL. i broke my finger this year too which definitely sucked. i don't know i think that's about it !

For 2010 i just wanted to get accepted into bournemouth uni, get the grades i need and stay alive. That would be marvellous.

Dude, I've thought about applying for Bournemouth when I'm done with secondary school. Not sure if I will yet though, cause it is in 2 years. But was for right now, that's my first choice. :)

you're welcome 8-)

I was going to mention it was cos of you that I started listening to VersaEmerge, but I didn't want to make it look like my original post in the thread was playing favorites or something :P I can give you that credit now that it's my second post in here haha

Best this year had to be when I toured the UK for Brand New. Seeing my favourite band four times in five days with some of my best friends is an experience I'll never forget and I would snap your hand off if you offered me the opportunity again.

Worst is probably the fact that I'm still a serial procrastinator and every single problem I've had this year has stemmed from that. Hopefully 2010 will be different but I know it won't. :lol:

I'll explain mine abit more.

2009 was an alrighty year, had it's ups, had it's down.

My friends made 2009 a pretty good year. My school friendies made school bearable, most of the time even fun. Eventhough I don't feel the need to get 'too' close to them, I love them and would've probably been a nerd with straight A's if I hadn't had these crazy losers :rotfl: (Judge for yourself if that's good or not).

I've joined PF in 2009 and eventhough I already knew Shanneh, I've grown alot closer to her,Guro and Ida. I love these girlies lotsies so you'd better not mess with them! :mrgreen: (Include Gocken too, she's a sweetheart!)

I met up with a friend I'd known for 3/4 years but had only met once before and saw Paramore with her (again). It was lovely and meeting Zac and Jeremy, and the gig rocked!

She's a great friend too, never fails to make me laugh with her ridiculous obsessions, and we're for sure going to a great gig next year!

The summer was nice, I saw B.E.P in July and had a blast, and went to Spain which was lovely too.

As for family, 2009 has been good, and I can only hope 2010 will be too.

No horrible illnesses (thank God) and the recession wasn't too bad. My aunty adopted the most adorable dog ever and I've spent alot of time with my nana, who I love much much muuuuchies.

Worst? Mmm.

A woman my mam knew died of lungcancer a few months ago, leaving 2 kids and her husband behind. Horrible, it is.

Way less worse than that, but still: my mam's depression. It doesn't seem to get any better as years pass, and I do hope that if we really have to move, she'll atleast feel better.

My dad had a burn out this year, which was quite stressfull too.

The moment I came home and saw a FOR SALE thing in the garden was a toughy too.

Too many people have passed in 2009 which is terrible, I know it's part of life but still, some of them were so young!

Anyways, I hope nobody has read all of this, hehe.

Out of 2010 I just want healthy- and happiness for my loved ones.

And I'll try to be a better person, you have to start with the woman in the mirror right?