The Alcohol Thread.

Do you consume alcohol?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you consume alcohol?

• Yeah.
    • Nope.
    • I used to, I'm sober!
    • No, But I will eventually.

Anyone here got a particular variety of poison they prefer over others?

Personally, I'm a beer and white wine guy. I can't decide which of the two I enjoy more.

The hard liquor doesn't do it for me (it never did to be honest, I only used to drink it to get smashed, I never liked how it tasted) really.

I don't mind good quality Port though. The cheap stuff is shit, but the quality stuff rules.

I'm getting a 2.5 liter barrel of it fairly soon and letting it age for a while and then will mix it with brandy:grin:

I'm a malibu girl. Get me a double malibu and coke and i'll love you for life. Not adverse to a nice glass of Rose either, yummo.

For house parties i'll usually split an obligatory crate of fosters with someone, purely for the cheap and good laughs factor.

As for port, for real ? Not a fan at all, unless it's the cheeky vimto variety (port and wkd, YES) but each to their own i say :lol:

I think it's a fair bit different in the UK to the US. People over here tend to drink at a younger age.

I do enjoy a drink, but I don't like getting wasted these days though, just a bit drunk.

I first got drunk when I was about 14.

Cider is my drink of choice, but i do enjoy vodka and coke or most kind of alcopops.

Oh or Jack Daniels and coke haha.

What's the age limits for buying/drinking alcohol where you guys live?

It's 18 for beer and wine here, and 20 for everything else I think.

Anyway, I don't drink. Most people my age does though. I have no idea how many times a day I hear stories about how drunk they've been, how many people they slept and made out with during one night and how hangover they are. And how the police comes to the parties they've been too. I'm just not interested in that. Besides, I don't like the taste of either beer or wine. Just like two weeks ago I mixed up my class of coke with my dad's glass of wine. I spat it all out in the glass right away, cause it's tasted so bad. Just can't stand it. But we'll see, when I get older I might like it better, haha.

I don't think we have an age limit here. Or if it is,it's probably 18 or so. But anyway,no one gives a damn about this age limit :shifty: Oh well.

I don't really drink. Occasionally would be the right word,I guess. And again,I don't think I've ever drank a whole glass of alcohol :shifty: I just taste them,haha. If I drink a beer once/twice a year,it's enough,I guess. And I tasted some whiskey on New year's eve... oh damn. Call me weird,but I just couldn't stand the taste :shifty: I even felt as if my throat was set on fire,haha. Or maybe that happened because I tasted some straight whiskey. Many people told me I should've mixed it with Coke or something,but oh well,I don't know. And wine is okay. White wine,actually. Haven't tasted red wine :shifty: And cherry brandy has a weird taste. :shifty:

What's the age limits for buying/drinking alcohol where you guys live?

It's 18 for beer and wine here, and 20 for everything else I think.

18 for everything

and btw, i thought we had a thread for this? lol

anyway, i drink occasionally.

vodka's my favorite, and i love garrone cherry too, but i came to a point that i drink pretty much everything haha. but i drink everything mixed. i just can't drink them as they are.

i've been drunk before, i even threw up once... it was terrible, so since then, i always watch out how much i actually drink so it can never happen again.

I never really drink just for the sake of it, When I drink I'm usually going to try to get drunk. At least a buzz, One beer....Or many.

I forget what age you have to be to buy beer at the Beer Store over here...I'm pretty sure it's above 18 somewhere.

I've tasted certain things because when my dad or brother decide to make mixed drinks they'll let me try 'em.

From what I've had, things with rum in it seems to be the things I've liked the most.

Though my brother made a White Russian the other day and it was phenomenal.