The Gentlemen's Thread

captain.obvious

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks manly, I checked out the description on Play.com

Finally, a book that guarantees your balls will be stomped; a book so manly that it will make even the burliest of men (and in some cases, the burliest of women) feel inadequate. So manly, it needs to be shaved: The Alphabet of Manliness. This collection of sacred writings may very well be the greatest compilation of all things manly throughout history. Here's a small sample of the ass-kickery found within these revered pages of outright manliness:

People getting drop-kicked in the face

Phallic aggression

Violence in excess of what has come to be known as excessive

Garish disregard for the well-being of children

Contempt for animals, women, and other cultures

Shit jokes

Intimidating rhetoric

Obscure penile references

Tit punching

The triumph of flannel over good taste.

This book is only for the saltiest, hairiest, most rugged son of a bitch out there. However, it would be selfish to keep it for myself, so feel free to buy a copy. This humble tome of wisdom is a tribute to all men who toil away at work every day, getting their balls busted, or busting balls.

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen, we have a problem. Who wants to admit spraying deodorant/aftershave/cologne/whatever on their clothes? IT SMELLS FUCKING REPULSIVE, DON'T DO IT FUK.

Speaking of which, the last one I got for myself is Calvin Klein's Euphoria. Kinda fruity and sweet. I like it. 8-)

For sure! I use Baldessarini from Hugo Boss as a deodorant, and it's g00d. And I don't smell it on every man that I come across on my adventures.

Never heard of Bench, though.

HINT: If you want to smell like a gentleMAN, try Thierry Mugler's Angel Men or Bvlgari's Pour Homme Soir. For special occasions only. :shifty:

Bench usually make clothes, but I had a deodorant/shower gel set for christmas.

I usually use Ted Baker or Trevor Sorbie as well, they aren't the most popular. Ted Baker sprays are expensive though, something like £4 (compared to Lynx/Axe sprays that are usually about £2) but I don't bother with super fancy after shave or anything.

I have a Nivea for men aftershave "cooling balm" thing which has a nice smell to it though.

Always wanted to be one of those respectable old gentlemanly guys you see on tv with suits and a cigar, sitting in a mansion I own in a room with a fireplace. I'd also like to know how to drink responsibly too and have a 40 of JD and drink that straight in some glass cup.

I also would like some young lawyer to be intimidated by me too as I am sitting down in my leather sofa drinking by the fire place. so pretty much I want something impossible.

Always wanted to be one of those respectable old gentlemanly guys you see on tv with suits and a cigar, sitting in a mansion I own in a room with a fireplace. I'd also like to know how to drink responsibly too and have a 40 of JD and drink that straight in some glass cup.

I also would like some young lawyer to be intimidated by me too as I am sitting down in my leather sofa drinking by the fire place. so pretty much I want something impossible.

So you want a cross between Hugh Hefner and Don Corleone from The Godfather?

Switch JD with brandy, and that's exactly what I did with some friends once. Many rounds of bridge were played with ragtime music from the '20s as background. 8-)

I know this is the Man thread, but since Ross randomly pops into the Ladies thread I thought I would say something....

What you just described..... thats my brother. Spot on. Its pretty fantastic.

Except he hasnt intimidated any young lawyers.... yet.