What does "old" Paramore mean?

PlzSpeakSoftly

also, taylor, i wasn't meaning you for making this thread

i mean in general

every time someone mentions 'old paramore' on this board people throw a hissy fit and i've never understood why

i'm not.

but how many times does it have to be mentioned? it's like beating a dead horse, who cares. lol. :P

no one is throwing a hissy fit, i wasn't.

Idk if this fits but...

Paramore albums are like a person.

AWKIF you first listen to them and get all of these ideas...

Riot you listen, and you find out more...

BNE you listen and you feel like you honestly know them.

Paramore can't be new again because they have already started.

As Hayley said in Fences, they can't turn back. This is all they have.

Who really cares if videos are Hayley-related. She is like the ambassador for the entire band.

If their music style is changing, so are they.

If their videos change, who cares.

Good post

feel free to move/lock this thread if necessary...

This has just been something I've been thinking about more and more often. When I look at newer or older videos of Paramore online people keep saying "I miss the old Paramore" and it confuses me. My personal opinion is that they are the exact same people, just more mature. Just because they don't always rock out as hard as they use to, dosen't mean they aren't into it anymore or that they aren't the same. Now more than ever I'm seeing so much more heart and passion in their live performances. Each member always gets into it in their own way. Just a look on their face or when they close their eyes and just feel the music, that's what it is all about. They aren't 17/18 year olds anymore. They may not feel the need to jump around and headbang all the time. Paramore is still the same sweet, genuine, down to earth people. Alot of bands that reach that amount of fame don't even care about fans anymore. I honestly don't think I could ever describe how much I love Paramore for keeping in touch and updating us on their lives. I feel like I've left out so much stuff that I wanted to say, but I will probably post more as time goes on.

So what are yalls views/opinions about this? Anyone feel the same or noticed people posting comments like that?

missing old paramore means going to a show and knowing for a fact that you are hanging with them, one on one, no other crazy fans all over the place for like awhile, not one minute...the first few times i saw them that is how it was. just me and them, and everyone else around didnt even know who they were, and there i was in awe that i was in their presence lol. obviously i miss that, but i also know that i had experiences with them that not many ppl have had. because of that i am grateful. i miss it, but i am so proud and happy for how far they have come. i knew it would happen. i said it back in early 06 on here, and all my friends thought i was nuts. only the other folks on here knew it would happen too =]

i miss old paramore...shows. thats what ppl mean by it i think. cuz yea, they are the same ppl. and if i saw them on the street today, it would be the same fun, cool experience it was then.

i'm not

but how many times does it have to be mentioned? it's like beating a dead horse, who cares. lol. :P

not that often haha.

and some people just like talking about it. lol

but i think 'old' paramore may mean different to different people, i guess.

well thats how it seems

i'm not.

you have before :P

and it's rarely mentioned for that very reason

people throw hissy fits

we know better than to try and discuss it now because every time we do it turns into a disaster

Yeah, some people come on a discussion forum to you know, have discussions about stuff.

we can talk about whatever we like

i know, i've had this conversation numerous times with older fans...sometimes we like just discussing the past. we aren't hating on people who weren't there from the beginning. i'm sooo proud of paramore and thankful for each and every fan they've ever had.

but if you were in our shoes, i'm sure you'd like remembering and talking about things that happened way back when. it's nothing personal, just making conversation.

when i get into a deep discussion about things that happened in 06 it makes me so happy. i love remembering things from that part of the bands era and how can you remember everything if you don't talk about it every once in a while....

Yeah, some people come on a discussion forum to you know, have discussions about stuff.

no

we're sick of the same old story

tonight the motionless must vacate so we can accelerate out of a stagnant society.

//random

and yeah I have thrown a hissy fit, but in all honesty it's because some people on here (not Kayla or Catie or James) act like it's the biggest deal ever and it kinds of puts some of the newer fans down and I don't like it at all. I don't feel like I should be treated differently because I found out about them in 2007 and not in 2005. "You don't know what it's like!!!!! you don't understand!!!!! I will not respond to you!!!"

the past is the past. i'm not saying you can't remember it but i don't like how some people complain about it (things have changed boo hoo, i can't go back to it, that kind of stuff.)

so yeah ANDREW, i didn't say you can't have discussions, but it's getting repetitive imo. it's nothing personal (no pun intended)

I can understand and relate but I won't go on and on about it....and if I do, it will probably be to someone through MSN but I hesitate from talking about it on forums/blogs and stuff.

yeah i understand where you're coming from

but this isn't really talked about that much and it's not like older fans are putting down newer fans and older fans don't treat newer fans any differently. no one said that at all

older fans are just talking about old times and reminiscing. just because not everyone was around for that doesn't mean people arn't allowed to discuss it. it's not a big deal i don't see why older fans can't talk about 'old' times. lol

i don't see the problem here.

but this isn't really talked about that much and it's not like older fans are putting down newer fans and older fans don't treat newer fans any differently. no one said that at all

older fans are just talking about old times and reminiscing. just because not everyone was around for that doesn't mean people arn't allowed to discuss it. it's not a big deal lol

exactly

if anything it's the newer fans trying to put us down not the other way around

I'm not trying to put you down, now you're starting an argument :P

older fans are just talking about old times and reminiscing. just because not everyone was around for that doesn't mean people arn't allowed to discuss it. it's not a big deal lol

1) not you guys, but some actually do..ehh no comment.

2)....i didn't say that though? the end of my post says so. you think i said you're not allowed to discuss it, i didn't imply it at all :P

how am i starting an argument?

i'm just saying every time a conversation like this has come up newer fans throw a fit and try and make older fans look like the bad guys

they complain we're trying to put them down and they shouldn't be treated different and blah blah blah when really it's them doing it to us

that's not arguing, that's stating something

so then, i don't see the problem at all

no one here put down 'newer' fans.

and that is what you were implying because it seemed like you were getting annoyed in your first post because people we talking about it.

i don't get it...

sorry if im sounding rude, but i really just don't see a problem.

i am perfectly calm, actually kind of laughing.... sorry if it seems like im attacking you and getting mad, i'm not :P

you didnt seem to pleased in your original post and now you're all like "i never said i didnt like it, it's okay to talk about"....

thats what i dont get lol

I dont mind it . I dont see whats wrong with it being spoken about. Of course Paramore are gonna mature and change. You cant be 16/17/18 forever. Im not the same person as i was when i was 18 and im 21 now but their passion and dedication havnt lessened one bit.