Was just in a car accident

Harry

Nearly 5am now, just been in a car accident for the first time ever.

Some friends and I were getting a ride home by a friend, just after a party had finished.

Seemed all good until the idiot decided to show off and attempt to drift around the roundabout and lost control of the car, causing it to spin out, and then crashing into a pole with a metal box thingy attached to it, which dragged under the rear of the car after the pole was knocked down.

The car hit the pole only about 30cm/one foot rearwards of the back passenger door. Everyone managed to get out unharmed, apart from me and one other guy being a bit winded. So I guess it wasn't so bad, but even just being involved in something like that really puts it into perspective into how much worse it could have been had he been going faster, or had been drinking (thank fuck, he was sober).

Still kinda letting it all sink in and feeling a bit shaken up by it, but I'm okay and safe.

Glad you are safe. Sounds like one hell of a night. Glad everyone was sober as well, although the driver didn't seem to be very smart with his choices. Regardless, you are not too badly harmed and that's a big relief.

I'm so glad to hear you're alright!

My brother was in a pretty bad car crash back in October (he totalled our SUV... the fire chief said he should've been dead), so I definitely know that feeling of "What if just one thing had been different about the situation?"

All that really matters though is that you're okay though. Hopefully your friend has learned a very important lesson about not trying stupid stuff while driving.

I'm so glad to hear you're alright!

My brother was in a pretty bad car crash back in October (he totalled our SUV... the fire chief said he should've been dead), so I definitely know that feeling of "What if just one thing had been different about the situation?"

All that really matters though is that you're okay though. Hopefully your friend has learned a very important lesson about not trying stupid stuff while driving.

Sucks to hear about your bro being in a bad crash :(

Yeah, I definitely hope he does learn a lesson.

It's just so fucked up, some friends and I just want a ride home and we get more than we bargained for because my friend (I use the term friend rather loosely, he's really one of those egotistical, self absorbed, pretentious idiots you try to just avoid being around) decided it would be okay to toy with people's lives.

I'll never understand the whole driving to impress your friends bullshit. Maybe it's a bit safer on a long, wide stretch of road, but seeing as how I live in a major city in the built up inner suburbs, there's all sorts of poles (and indeed he did hit a pole) and cars parked on the side of the road you could end up hitting.

It's just fucking stupid and not worth it.

dude ! glad you're okay, scary shit eh.

i was in a car accident on thursday, in fact, although it wasn't as gnarly and it was more of an on-purpose-ident... this douche was tailing me so close and as i turned off a roundabout he clipped the right of my bumper and i spun out - it was late at night and i didn't hit anything, nor were there any other cars, and also my bumper is already hanging on by a thread so no damage done really - BUT THAT IS HARDLY THE POINT.

but yes. quite. stoked you made it through, Harry, to PF another day...