8/20 show at the TLA in philly?

hey guys! i didn't get home till like, maybe 12 or so last night and had work this morning till 5. but i'm gonna do the "review" type thing and i'll post pictures later.

okay so first i had a ton of confusion earlier on in the day, but finally at like 2 we left my house to pick up my friend and then headed to Tower Records on South Street. so we got there and Paramore was just standing there in front of the counter, then moved to behind the counter and there was a line that wrapped around the store. so my friend and i got in line and my dad just stood around. eventually we were getting closer and my dad took my friend's camera, came back with it, and then took mine and came back. he had taken pics of the band for us, they're pretty sweet. (my dad is pretty cool, seriously.) so when we got up there, we skipped past Cute, ahah, and they just signed and no one said anything, but i did ask Hayley if she was feeling better. so she did the little hand signal that says "a little bit", and then i moved over to Josh and he said "i'm better." i just laughed or whatever. so that was the signing. (P.S.: Paramore didn't perform, as we found out a little later. but they did do the signing, obviously) oh yeah, and Zac somehow missed my friend's cd booklet. more on this later.

we went and got some Greek food.

then we went over to the TLA and my friend and i got in line, waited for a couple hours, etc.

so when we got in we ran to the stage and were a couple people back from the barrier, and i was basically front and center the whole night.

This Providence was GREAT. i am pretty much in love with them now. I didn't listen to any Hit The Lights before, but they may have made me a fan. they have a ton of energy on stage. It seemed like Cute got a pretty huge turnout, and i enjoyed their set. (btw, after Cute's stuff got all set up, they still weren't coming out, and next thing you know, Hunter comes out with like, ray-ban sunglasses on and starts playing around on the drums and got everybody chanting "WE WANT CUTE!" i thought it was hilarious)

okay. sooo everybody was getting really excited for Paramore as far as i could tell. Hunter and Jeremy came out before just to get stuff set up, and then left again, and after a little while the lights dimmed down really low and here comes Hayley with the lantern. it was pretty neat. honestly, their set was absolutely amazing. it was my first time seeing them, so i may be biased, if that's even the right word to use there. but honestly, phantasmagorical. so yeah they played everything from AWKIF except Brighter. and it did feel really short, but it was still great. and i was singing along like craaaazy. the crowd didn't get that bad at all. at the most some people jumped around. but it definitely felt like everyone was enjoying themselves immensely. uhhm. i'm trying to think of some stand-out moments...

during one of the songs, Hayley was talking about us helping her out since she's sick and singing really loudly and all. and we did just that the entire time. so much fun.

i pretty much love Jeremy when he gets everybody clapping... ahh jeez i forget what songs, but yeah.

oh, they obviously did the encore (My Heart), and at the end of it, Hayley told us all to sing something kinda random-ish, but it was kinda eery, in a good way. i think everyone did it. it sounded like it.

of course, the crowd participation in Whoa. awesome energy.

OH. YEAH. i forget what song it was during, but at one point Josh picked up his microphone stand and held it out over the crowd for us to all sing. it was pretty great, i got a picture of it.

When just Hayley and Josh were playing Franklin (before the rest of the band came in), i seriously was nearly crying. Hayley just sounded extremely passionate and sincere with that one.

alright finally. so afterwards we hit up the This Providence merch, i just got their old cd for 5 bucks (i tipped, too, don't worry.) my friend had caught half of a drumstick at the end of their set and got the drummer (Ryan, right?) to sign it. then went to the Paramore merch, got two posters (one for my friend, one for me) and the ep.

THEN, we were like WELL EVERYBODY ELSE AT OTHER SHOWS HUNG AROUND, SO WHY DON'T WE? we were determined, so we walked like a block up and sat like on the other side of the little street the bus was on. i felt really creepy doing that, because we were the only people there waiting. absolutely no one else. but they were all so cool about it. first Hayley came, and we got pictures and just expressed our love ahhaha. she was really cool, even though she didn't say anything. so we stayed on the side of the street they'd have to go to to get in the bus, and next came Hunter. we actually kinda had a conversation with him for a couple minutes and got pictures. he's such a sweet guy. then i think Josh came over, and we talked to him a little and got pictures. i mentioned what he had said to me at the signing earlier about being 'better' and he like forgot but then remembered and was like "Oh!" and i like jokingly was like "i didn't know you were sick!" and he kinda laughed, i think, and was like "i was joking", but the tone he said it with was like 'you're silly', but in the nicest way possible.

then Jeremy came out and he was talking to a couple girls who i was guessing are on tour with them, not sure who they are, but so my friend like slooowly approached and was like "sorry if we're intruding or anything, but could we get pictures?" and he was so nice about it. and he made faces, of course, and i was like "nice face" and he said "gotta have one for every picture. i dunno if that was gay or anything..." hahahah. he's pretty hilarious.

so then Zac still wasn't there, but we decided to wait longer since he didn't sign my friend's booklet, and we were determined. but then he was walking to the bus and there were a couple people with him, and we didn't want to interrupt or anything. so then he got on the bus and we waited longer but he wasn't coming out, and we figured he probably needed rest and all. so we left to find my dad nearby with highly-appreciated bottles of water. but basically, they were all pretty much the sweetest people i've ever met.

EDIT: sorry that's soooo long and detailed, guys. i'm highly detail-oriented. and i'm beginning to believe that OCD is in my blood. not really bad, but yeah, it's there. hahah.

haha, okay wow. sincerely basically summed up the whole night, but ill still comment about it and stuff.

i didnt get to go to the tower records show, and at first i was kinda bummed out because i thought paramore was playing. but after i heard that they werent, so i felt a little better. but i wanted to go and just hang out with them, buuuutttt i had no ride.

so me and my 3 friends left and go to the TLA around like and waited in line for a while. the line was incredibly long, so we ended up in the back of it. my friends and i saw josh and everyone just hanging in the alley behind the tla, and we talked with them for a little while. they were so nice, joking around and everything. shaant was riding around on Zac's scooter, and it was pretty awesome. we talked to him for a little while too, and he had so much energy!

when we finally got in, we were maybe like, 7 rows from the barrier. it was getting crowded minute by minute, and it got so hot. i was dying. then this providence came on, and i was blown away. i've been a fan since their old album came out about 2 years ago, and ive been waiting for a long time to see them live. they were amazing live, and kept the crowd on its feet. not alot of people really knew the lyrics except some people up front, but everyone still showed their appreciation. i was screaming the lyrics, and dan and gavin saw me and pointed. during 'wolf in sheep's clothing' shaant came out and started singing ! it was awesome! ive got a couple of videos of this providence, ill probably post them in that thread.

so next was hit the lights, and that was when the pushing started. i went from 7 rows from the barrier, to 3 rows. i got separated from my friends, but everything was okay. this was my first time seeing them, and i enjoyed it! i wasnt a really big hit the lights fan, but this has changed my whole outlook on them. the crowd was really into it, jumping up and clapping, it was awesome.

next was cute is what we aim for! alot of people were there for them. MORE pushing happened, and i finally got up to first row. when they were setting up, hunter came on stage, sat down at the drums and started playing this beat while shouting "WE WANT CUTE! WE WANT CUTE!" hahahha

here is a piiccctuureee:

paramoreciwwaf012.jpg

to say CIWWAF was awesome, is an understatement. they were incredible! shaant was crazy, saying some stuff about the tower records instore, and also said that shane from valencia called him last night, and told him to say that he misses philadelphia. everyone sang along to the songs, and the energy was amazing.

and of courseeee, paramore was next. i was extremely happy i finally was first row. the place was really buzzing with excitement and everyone few minutes you would hear ' PARAMORE! PARAMORE! PARAMORE!' the lights dimmed, and here comes hayley with her lantern looking adorable. the room erupts in screams. she starts playing the intro as the rest of the band comes out, and the screaming gets even louder. i was directly infront of josh, and pretty close to hayley. hayley did an amazing job, considering her blister in the vocal chords, and i was really proud of her. i know someone whos had a blister like that, and its pretty painful. to put a show and sing your hardest, mustve taken a lot of effort, and my respect for her just keeps getting higher and higher.

she explained to us that she was having problems singing, and told us to help her sing a bunch of songs, especially woah. during woah, she gave the little mini speech " if your hands aren't up during this song, then you don't deserve to have them!" along with some other things i forget she said. by the time she was done, the whole room had their hands up and the chrous started. it literally was, outstanding.

oh, and i know sincerely mentioned this. during 'never let this go' (i think) josh picks up the mic and stand and holds it out over the crowd near him, haha, it was awesome. zac's drum solo before woah blew me away, and had everyone cheering. during pressure, i think, jeremy did the move were he jumps up and spins his bass around. hayley recognized me from the past shows, and mouthed ' hey you!' to me during a song. and i have to agree with sincerely. frankling was amazing. i was so glad that i finally got to see them play it live. hayley gave a little speech before, saying how they never play this song because it means so much to them and stuff. i loved it <3

they didnt play brighter, hallelujah, or my hero, so the show was pretty short. i was kinda dissapointed that they didnt, but we all want hayley to get better as soon as possible, so it was better that she didnt.

the encore came on, and they played one of the best My Heart ive ever seen. it seemed alot longer this time. everyone was getting into it, and jeremey did the usual thing were he comes up and gets everyone clapping. the only bad thing was that you couldn't hear josh screaming, which is my favorite part of the song. oh, and during my heart, the dummer of this providence, ran off the stage and dove into the crowed and surfed for a little bit.

haha, okay this is getting really long. but the one thing i love about josh is that he makes eye contact with you a bunch of times, and he also leans over and sings into your face, or pauses for a couple of seconds for you to take a picture. things like that make me feel alot closer to the band, and i like it. i didnt get to catch them afterwards, but their bus was parked in the same place were our car was parked lol.

so that basically was one of the best nights of my life, and im glad they chose to play the philly show instead of cancelling it. okay so here are some pictures, most of them are of josh and hayley, because hunter was on the far right of the stage, and jeremy kept moving around too much. i got some videos too, sorry if the sound is crap. i need a new camera lol.

260paramoresign.jpg

paramoreciwwaf058.jpg

paramoreciwwaf056.jpg

paramoreciwwaf054.jpg

paramoreciwwaf053.jpg

looking right at me =)

paramoreciwwaf052.jpg

paramoreciwwaf050.jpg

paramoreciwwaf047.jpg

paramoreciwwaf046.jpg

paramoreciwwaf044.jpg

paramoreciwwaf042.jpg

paramoreciwwaf040.jpg

paramoreciwwaf039.jpg

paramoreciwwaf037.jpg

videos:

hayley talking a little bit

my heart

franklin

opening

• Like 1

and of courseeee, paramore was next. i was extremely happy i finally was first row.

aw sweet! you got first row? there was like one person between me and the barrier during Paramore. actually the entire time. hah.

but the one thing i love about josh is that he makes eye contact with you a bunch of times, and he also leans over and sings into your face, or pauses for a couple of seconds for you to take a picture.
DUDE i totally got that a few times. but one time he was like staying in one position for people to take pictures, i swear i tried to take a picture like five times, and it didn't work! my camera is weird.

anyway i'll post a few pictures soon with a link to my photobucket so you can look at the rest of them. i have a bunch from This Providence's and Cute's sets, too.

i was planning on going to the hackensack show, but i just saw that paramore & etc. are coming to the theater of the living arts on august 20th :D i'm so incredibly happy. first, its ALOT closer than hackensack.

anyone else goingggg?

Random, but I really like your username :]

EDIT: I noticed Josh pausing for people to take pics at my show, too.

He made eye contact with me multiple times, and I noticed he kept making kissy faces at people, hahaha. Like :-*

T'was cute.

Random, but I really like your username :]

EDIT: I noticed Josh pausing for people to take pics at my show, too.

He made eye contact with me multiple times, and I noticed he kept making kissy faces at people, hahaha. Like :-*

T'was cute.

hahaha, thank you! its a line in a song by Cartel. i think its Luckie St.

and yeah, Josh would stay in one place for a while and pause for pictures. one time he saw that i had my camera up to take a picture of him, so he leaned far into me, and started screaming. of course my camera wouldnt take the picture the first few seconds, but then he laughed and stayed there until it worked.

i've been posting a whole bunch today, or maybe it just feels like it because my 'review' was really long.

my dad took some pics during the signing:

paramoresigning8.jpg

paramoresigning4.jpg

paramoresigning3.jpg

paramoresigning.jpg

the show!! my better pics are mostly/all of Hayley.

pictures143.jpg

pictures138.jpg

pictures137.jpg

one of my favorites:

pictures162.jpg

i would post more but my sister is urging me to go upstairs. so i'll leave you with links to the albums on my photobucket:

PARAMORE: http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/lavarburton/Paramore%20TLA%208-20-06/ (if you look at the ones of me with the band [except Zac], please excuse my unattractiveness. i was sweaty and gross, plus i'm not photogenic)

CUTE: http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/lavarburton/CIWWAF/

THIS PROVIDENCE: http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/lavarburton/This%20Providence/

P.S.: yeah you'll probably notice that i kept getting the security guy in my pictures. annoying. i have to learn how to get on my very tip-toes and use zoom proficiently. hahah.

EDIT: sorry i prob. should have resized a little more. eek.