SAOSIN

thorned_lilac_182

a little explanation of Cove's (and other members') sickness::

(taken from latest myspace blog)

TITLE:: BuTT robots!

G'day ladies and Gents,

Im currently sitting in a minature hotel room in Osaka,japan. its approx. 6am , ive been up since 4 am, and went to bed at like 10 pm last night after not sleeping more then 30 mins on the 16 hours of travel we did to get from london to japan. My pillow is made of barley seeds. theres a giant complimentary pumpkin or some sort of melon just chillin on the desk next to me, i wanna crack it open and see what it tastes like, ive been sitting on ebay for like 2 hours just bidding my bank account away. and i really want some eggs.

Being in a"non english" speaking country is really humbling at times. Theres really two routes you can take, The gnarly typical touristy type where, even though, you know the people dont speak english you just keep trying to speak english to them and nod your head and agree with everything they say, or the "get to know the language" type, i like to think justin and i are pretty good at being the "get to know the language" guys, but theres really only so much language your brain can process, over the past 2 weeks , weve gone to sweden, france, belgium, the UK and now japan. In sweden it sucks, cuz even as far north as we were, they probably spoke better english then i did. its time to go back to high school. well many not. So i guess the meaning of this whole rant is to say, I give up on japanese, its just too hard to understand haha.

So to give everyone a little insight into the "plague" that has hit the saosin camp over the past few weeks, Im pretty sure out Tech , ED, a UK import, brought us the plague of puking death. He was the first to get it , which was basically shortly after our first show at GIVE IT A NAME in paris france, shortly after the set he went onto the bus and just started hurling vomit for hours on end. no one thought anything of it cuz well, Brits like to drink , and thats pretty normal for them, haha just kidding. SO after 24 hours, the death subsided, we moved onto to Groez rock in belgium had a pretty kick ass set, though it was freaking dirty and smelt like horse poop. then moved on to GIVE IT A NAME in london , at earls court, which is basically the only mountainous range in south east england.PLACE IS HUGE!!!!!. Had a killer set, among bands like New found glory, All american rej, and Brand new. but shortly after we played, cove just started yacking and yacking and yacking!.. he basically filled up like a gallon plastic storage container with puke. He looked like death, so he decideed to go shower to chill out/not smell like puke all night. and in the shower i guess his rear became a fountain, So with him exploding at both ends, we decided, Its time. We got him on an IV and had the in house nurses and emts look at him, before concurring that he needed to get to the hospital cuz the dude lost like a weeks worth of fluid, ambulance ride and bam hes there, and theyre gonna keep him overnight. Meanwhile back at the venue, we are all hangin watching bands eating cookies and so on, Alex goes back to the bus and decided its 10 o clock hes old and he wants to sleep, so he does so, i show up at the bus around midnight to just play the waiting game to see if we are gonna make the show the next day or not and alex comes running out of his bunk and out the front door. Splat. there goes his tuna sandwich, bummer, This rejection of fish by alex body continues periodically throughout the night and i begin to worry. wake up at like 7 am and go to the hospital to check on cove and he is still peeing from his butt, so they wont let him go, lucky for me, hes not hungry either so i just start munching his hospital food while hes sleeping, and it was no delicious might i add. By this time alex is still a little worked but feeling better, we decided we couldnt make the Birmingham show and cancel that. Which is good news in a way cuz we get to hang with Jimmy eat world all night, My day basically consisted of sitting in catering with Afi friends and members of jimmy eat world, eating cancer candy and just sitting around all day. AWESOME FOR ANYONE!. Cove finnaly is released from the hospital at like 3 in the afternoon, and i go to nandos which is basically the greatest chicken in the world. the night finnaly ends , but it just starts for some, Mike, our tour manager and sound guy, decides its his term to start squirting liquid mudd and he lets go. he poops on the buss , alot. lucky for him it doesnt get to puke. We leave london and decide we will try out luck in scotland, where justin decided he wants a quilt, Pics coming soon. have a really good show in scotland and drive to manchester for a show there. Beau starts feeling sick. hours go by and its almost time to play our set and beau just realeases!. starts puking and pooping. He got the death. he couldnt even hold back water. But it was already to late to cancel, the place was packed and there was nothing we could do . So beau being the champion he is, goes thru with the set, but he plays the entire set sitting down on the side of the stage with a puke bucket next to him. This meaned some double and triple duties on my part, but i like to think we made it an interesting show. HAHAH.

SO now were in japan and im just sitting here wondering. WHENS GONE BE MY TIME LORD!. when can i take the torch and become the puking, diareahhal sickness carrier!..

oh man im gonna go find some eggs.

hope all is well, some stills from the video shoot for "youre not alone" will be up soon as well, were supposd to see a first cut very very soon. so pumped

chris

i love those guys they are amazing. anytime i listen to 'you're not alone' or 'i never wanted to' i always just wanna belt out the words or pick up my guitar & learn how to play them but when it comes to songs like 'bury your head' i'm too busy headbanging for that stuff.

Here are the Projekt Revolution tour dates:

July 25: TBA

July 27: Marysville, Calif. (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)

July 28: San Bernardino, Calif. (Hyundai Pavilion)

July 29: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View)

July 31: TBA

Aug. 1: Phoenix (Cricket Pavilion)

Aug. 3: Selma, Texas (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)

Aug. 4: Woodlands, Texas (The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)

Aug. 5: Dallas (Smirnoff Music Centre)

Aug. 7: Atlanta (HiFi Buys Amphitheatre)

Aug. 8: Charlotte, N.C. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte)

Aug. 10: West Palm Beach, Fla. (Sound Advice Amphitheatre)

Aug. 11: Tampa, Fla. (Ford Amphitheatre)

Aug. 13: Raleigh, N.C. (Walnut Creek Amphitheatre)

Aug. 14: Virginia Beach, Va. (Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater)

Aug. 15: Wantagh, N.Y. (Nikon at Jones Beach Theater)

Aug. 17: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Blossom Music Center)

Aug. 18: Darien Center, N.Y. (Darien Lake Performing Arts Center)

Aug. 19: Bristow, Va. (Nissan Pavilion)

Aug. 21: Toronto (Molson Amphitheatre)

Aug. 22: Clarkston, Mich. (DTE Energy Music Theatre)

Aug. 24: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts)

Aug. 25: Camden, N.J. (Tweeter Center at the Waterfront)

Aug. 26: Hartford, Conn. (New England Dodge Music Center)

Aug. 28: Syracuse, N.Y. (NY State Fair)

Aug. 29: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)

Aug 31: Noblesville, Ind. (Verizon Wireless Music Center)

Sept. 1: Tinley Park, Ill. (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)

Sept. 3: Englewood, Colo. (Coors Amphitheatre)

w/Main Stage Artists

Linkin Park

My Chemical Romance

Taking Back Sunday

HIM

Placebo

Julien-K

Revolution Stage Artists

Mindless Self Indulgence

Saosin

The Bled

Styles of Beyond

Madina Lake

rachna, I know you have the AP w/ sao.

GIMME TEH INTERVIEW!

lol. you want me to scan it right now?? my scanner sucks ass. i can bring it for you to read next week if you want. or put scans up later. i'm supposed to be studying

EDIT:: there are some good scans here:http://www.saosin.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=14000&st=60

JULY 28th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO THERE.

lol. you want me to scan it right now?? my scanner sucks ass. i can bring it for you to read next week if you want. or put scans up later. i'm supposed to be studying

EDIT:: there are some good scans here:http://www.saosin.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=14000&st=60

JULY 28th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO THERE.

yayayay ty.

Btw I got my vip m&g email thingy, whats it mean by bringing the email confirmation? Just printing out that email they sent us? O_o;

yayayay ty.

Btw I got my vip m&g email thingy, whats it mean by bringing the email confirmation? Just printing out that email they sent us? O_o;

wait. you still want to read the hard copy?? haha.

um. bring the one they sent today, and maybe the receipt, the confirmation thingy they sent when you bought the ticket. i'm taking both just in case

wait. you still want to read the hard copy?? haha.

um. bring the one they sent today, and maybe the receipt, the confirmation thingy they sent when you bought the ticket. i'm taking both just in case

nah i meant thanks for the link, I squinted and read it all.. pretty interesting stuff, didnt know there was that much drama.

Yeah I'll bring both too.. all four of them lol.

• Like 1