Panic At The Disco

-ItsThatKillerSmile-

For the members of Panic at the Disco, the rest of the year's pretty much mapped out.

At this very moment, the boys are in the Far East, where they'll be playing in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Manila and Jakarta. On August 2, they'll be performing at the MTV Asia Awards, hosted by Jared Leto. Next, it'll be off to Australia for a string of dates, and then back to the States for the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards on September 7.

Then they'll be heading out with Dashboard Confessional, the Plain White T's and the Cab for the inaugural "Rock Band" Live Tour, which kicks off October 5 in San Diego. That trek will hit 29 cities, wrapping up November 14 in Houston.

After that, they'll take some time off for the holidays before hitting the studio to begin work on a follow-up to this year's Pretty. Odd., bassist Jon Walker told MTV News this week.

You see, the guys haven't just been touring. In fact, they will be doing a lot more than playing live gigs the next few months. They've been writing and will continue to write material for their next LP, he said.

"It was pretty much the same with the last record," Walker said. "We've been working on acoustic guitars and then trying to bring it all together as a full band. We're not sure what's going to happen yet, but we've been having a lot of fun. We haven't stopped writing songs since we stopped recording [Pretty. Odd.], because we have a lot to write about."

So, what's the new stuff sounding like?

"It's sounding 'pretty awesome,' which is probably what we're going to call the next record," guitarist Ryan Ross joked. "We've got quite a few new ideas and songs we've been working on, and we're hoping to record some of that stuff by the end of the year."

The band wouldn't guesstimate when the next record would be finished. So, in the meantime, they'll be releasing a video for their next single. Problem is, they won't talk about which song that'll be.

"I can tell you it's on our [latest] record — it's in the middle somewhere," Ross joked. "Somewhere between track six and track 12, I guess."

Regardless of which song the band settles on, Walker claims Panic might consider directing the clip themselves.

"We've been thinking about it. We know we'll be doing a video when we return from Asia next month," he said. "We want to make it ourselves. I've been Googling 'music video direction.' I think they have one of those 'Dummies' books on it."

So I waited a few years to see PATD live and I finally did earlier this year and it was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. And I've been to a lot. It was also my outdoor concert where it rained!!!

Panic's new album is absolutely incredible imo, I like their old one but Pretty.Odd. owns it. It's so much more diverse.

Tickets for the upcoming Rock Band live tour with Panic at the Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T's, and The Cab can be purchased here with the pre-sale code: 2ROCKBAND. Click on the date you'd like to go to and you will be redirected to the correct page where you will enter the code.

I'd like to see those others songs they recorded on the Pretty.Odd sessions released....I bet there is some good stuff there.

Ross do you have any b-sides for them as the ones on the blog just sound awful.

AOL Session - 2006

Live in Denver DVD (Audio)

iTunes Session - 2006

Live at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas - 2006

The Only Difference (Tommy Sunshine Remix) [not very good]

This is Halloween (from the nightmare before christmas soundtrack)

The String Quartet Tribute (both albums) (still in print)

And I can get my hands on the following covers pretty quick:

In My Eyes - Rufio Cover

Don't Wake Me Up feat. Brendon Urie - The Hush Sound Cover

What's My Age Again feat. Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross and Mark Hoppus - B182 Cover

The Evidence Feat. Brendon Urie - TRES Cover (incomplete)

Tonight Tonight - Smasing Pumpkins Cover

Slow Motion - 3EB Cover

Karma Police - Radiohead Cover

Hit Me Baby One More Time (Brendon Urie & Dan Reynolds) - Britney Spears Cover

Man Eater - Nelly Furtado Cover

All My Life - K Ci & JoJo Cover

Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles Cover

Killer Queen - Queen Cover

Round Here - Counting Crows Cover

I dunno anything about the quality of the covers though.

Ross when you have the time could you upload them mate?

I'll get right on it, will edit this post after uploading them.

EDIT

[url]http://sharebee.com/fa661756[/url] - Live in denver
[url]http://sharebee.com/f73912b8[/url] - KROQ 
[url]http://sharebee.com/e9784231[/url] - iTunes
[url]http://sharebee.com/b2f482bc[/url] - AOL

Password for the rar's is "bsidesrus" so that you can put them on the blog, if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...
"At least for me, it got a little bit annoying to try to write that every time you're typing the name," guitarist Ryan Ross said. "It was never part of the name to us. ... People started writing it, and then it ended up in more and more things like that, so there it was. When we started doing new promo stuff for this album, we just told everyone not to use it anymore."

"We wrote it that way once, when we first started the band, and then ... people kept writing it that way, and it was a freakin' whirlwind," frontman Brendon Urie added. "We never made a big deal out of pulling it off the name. ... I mean, every time I write [our name], I never put an exclamation point in there."

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579497/20080111/panic_at_the_disco.jhtml

There's your explanation for the exclamation.