Hayley Fashion

glorya

i never really go to thrift stores.

i think i might start and just make random stuff.

seriosuly. if i had that dress and gave it away for any reason.

and i saw anyone remotly famous wearing it i dont know what i would do.

i adore that dress so much even tho its been through a war practically.

we should go to the HOF and jack it :]

^^^ Yes, because no one will notice that it's gone and you suddenly have it....

I go to Op shops/Thrift stores quite a bit, but I never really find anything. It's always like clothes for old people, with lots of see-through tops and stuff. Not really great stuff for me. But I once did find a pair of skate shoes, brand new for $10, which was excellent.

Yeah, it's also a matter of the right type of thrift stores.

Problem is I don't have much patience to sift cause if I find anything I wouldn't know it - I don't get how cuts of clothes translate onto people (especially in pants... I have very few pairs of pants)

do you think hayley's style would look good on taller people too? :confused:

i dress kinda "emo"ish i guess, and my friend said that "emo" looks weird on taller people.[[i'm 5'8 to be exact]]

and i'm also trying to losen up on the whole emo thing too...maybe try new things, and hayley's style is likewhoa. haha.

please be honest.

I really hate the use of the word emo out of context...

Emo isn't a movement, it's not really a style, it's just something people made up one day. And it makes me sad...

Anyway, I think it'll work for you. Being that tall must be fun, you can see over things. I'm 5'2" and haven't grown since year 7... (I'm in year 10 now)

Emo isn't a movement, it's not really a style, it's just something people made up one day. And it makes me sad...

Anyway, I think it'll work for you. Being that tall must be fun, you can see over things. I'm 5'2" and haven't grown since year 7... (I'm in year 10 now)

Actually, it WAS a movement, in the 80's. A genre of music that no longer exists. it has nothing to do with fashion or anything. it was a musical movement in Washington D.C. in the 80's

• Like 1

Actually, it WAS a movement, in the 80's. A genre of music that no longer exists. it has nothing to do with fashion or anything. it was a musical movement in Washington D.C. in the 80's

Yep - you're absolutely right - the term has been taken and applied to all sorts of things since then, but the classic definition of emo includes some great DC bands like Embrace and Rites of Spring and continues on through Sunny Day Real Estate...

This is actually a pretty good site if you're interested in reading up on the history of emo...

http://www.fourfa.com/

Actually I meant in the sense that punk was a movement - like a social movement. Outside of music. As using emo out of the context of music is using it out of context...

Most people are talking about Thrift stores, which you probably have in Norway (they just go by a different name). All it is is a shop that sells random clothes, lots of secondhand and donated stuff. We call them Op shops in Australia.

Other than that I can't give too much insight... I'm not sure which stores are international and which aren't. A good thing to do is ask people you see with clothes you like where they got them. (Is a little weird but they most likely won't mind telling you)

haha, same here

except I'm only 5'0

I like being short though

Yeah, being short is fun!! But it's not so much fun at concerts - I've spent many hours on tip-toes with a craned neck trying to see the stage.

One of my friends is over 6' tall (I'm not sure exactly how tall he is) and I tease him because he has to bend over on trains, whilst I can jump. But he does a scary "I'm towering over you as if I'm about to remove your brains" thing.

Hahaha we're talking about height in relationships (totally off topic, but you know) and then a pair of ballet slippers turns up...

Hayley has like 'tie-y' socks, so if this is about the socks, yes, yes she does :P

yeah I posted because you guys were veering off topic in here again.

I posted to show everyone the faux lace ups, not the flats haha