NME - Track Review: 'All We Know'

Amiee.

i was reading through my brothers NME from this week, & came across a track review for 'All We Know'. so yeh, here it is;

All We Know

(Fuelled By Ramen)

There are contrasting views on youth in rock. Some believe that, once you turn 20, you are already too old to be doing rock and you should go and get a proper job, others that teenagers know fuck all and should shut up and go and read some books. Exhibit A in the case for the latter view is Hayley Williams, 17, of rock poster kids Paramore, who takes a fine exercise in barrelling, elemental grunge-pop and queers the brew with the kind of agonised, hyper-menstrual bellowing and general overwroughtness that is peculiar to those particually desperate to be taken seriously. What is it, dear? Have you met a boy? Somebody at school? Well, maybe if you wore a nice dress once in a while he might notice you. Well, i'm just saying.

scan;

scan-1.jpg

^ yeah, i was about to say. hahahaha. nme is pish. is it not full of like proper indie stuff? like the kooks and all that? anyway aw well.. not everyone is gonna like em.

yeh, its mostly indie/new rave stuff. & yeh, i didnt really understand most of it.

haha it took me a couple times through to actually get what the person was saying. and if they were reviewing the track 'All We Know' then i think they got the wrong impression of the song, because the person is pretty much saying that Hayley is singing about a guy not noticing her, which i don't think is the case.

and, i think the person who wrote it used those weird analogies and huge words to make up for the fact that they had no idea what they were talking about =]

haha it took me a couple times through to actually get what the person was saying. and if they were reviewing the track 'All We Know' then i think they got the wrong impression of the song, because the person is pretty much saying that Hayley is singing about a guy not noticing her, which i don't think is the case.

and, i think the person who wrote it used those weird analogies and huge words to make up for the fact that they had no idea what they were talking about =]

Yeah, they do seem to be saying that and that's definitely NOT what the song is about. Good point.

I'm not even sure I understand that review...the whole 20 is too old for rock/Hayley is exhibit A for that makes absolutely no sense to me.

He's saying that once you're 20, the stereotype is that you're too old to be in a band making music as your job- and you need to start pursuing a real career.

Hayley is the example for that statement because she's so young, probably thinking to herself, "I have to do it now if I'm going to to it at all, cause once I'm 20 I'm too old." Which obviously isn't true.. it's just another chance for this guy to take popshots at the band.