Paramore Confirmed for Warped Tour 2007

jamesisemo

i'm thinking for certain shows. Only because, yea, they are an early confirmation, but there are other big bands that have yet to be officially confirmed. Also, with the way they were announced last year, I believe some of the headliners were announced with the ticket presales. I don't remember for certain though,

And I'm also hoping that CIWWAF plays their whole tour on Ernie Ball so I won't have to hear them

I don't think they'll be headlining the mainstage...but I do think they'll be on it for a lot of the shows (playing earlier in the day)...it's the logical next move up for them after last year...and I think this summer, with their 2nd album out and all, is going to be their breakthrough...

I don't think they'll be headlining the mainstage...but I do think they'll be on it for a lot of the shows (playing earlier in the day)...it's the logical next move up for them after last year...and I think this summer, with their 2nd album out and all, is going to be their breakthrough...

wait. that's what i meant. haha.and if that's what you previously meant, then okay. =]

if they headline a stage though, i'm thinking Hurley, because it's pretty much the second biggest

wait. that's what i meant. haha.and if that's what you previously meant, then okay. =]

if they headline a stage though, i'm thinking Hurley, because it's pretty much the second biggest

Yeah, that's what I meant...the other reason I think they're likely to be on the mainstage is because it seems like Kevin Lyman loves them.

haha it does seem that way. well, it's a good band for him to like!

on AP, people are thinking CIWWAF will be bigger on this tour than Paramore. which kinda scared me.

I don't want to get into ripping CIWWAF, but once people see them live, I can't imagine they'll be impressed. I was VERY unimpressed with their performance on Paramore's headlining tour, primarily because Shaant just really (imo) can't sing. He also seems very awkward onstage, whereas Hayley and the rest of the guys in Paramore have such great stage presence.

I don't want to get into ripping CIWWAF, but once people see them live, I can't imagine they'll be impressed. I was VERY unimpressed with their performance on Paramore's headlining tour, primarily because Shaant just really (imo) can't sing. He also seems very awkward onstage, whereas Hayley and the rest of the guys in Paramore have such great stage presence.

YES! haha. totally agree on this. PLus, i felt he was trying too much to get the crowd to like him.

the only reason i say "bigger" is because it seemed to me there was more of the "12-year-old" girl crowd at warped tour than I thought there would be. Not a huge demographic, but more than I expected. If it's the same, then I would say that they would get people to like them. But I know for a fact that they do not have a lot of respect from the "main" type of people that go to warped tour. Plus, this year's headliners are a bit different than last year's (those that have been announced) so you are probably right

YES! haha. totally agree on this. PLus, i felt he was trying too much to get the crowd to like him.

the only reason i say "bigger" is because it seemed to me there was more of the "12-year-old" girl crowd at warped tour than I thought there would be. Not a huge demographic, but more than I expected. If it's the same, then I would say that they would get people to like them. But I know for a fact that they do not have a lot of respect from the "main" type of people that go to warped tour. Plus, this year's headliners are a bit different than last year's (those that have been announced) so you are probably right

Warped has certainly evolved over the years...it's interesting to see the different types of crowds the different bands draw...and how everyone intermingles throughout the day...

I can say that CIWWAF certainly drew a pretty big response from the fans at the MD stop of the Paramore headlining tour...and from what I heard about other shows, they were definitely a big draw. So, I'm sure they'll have good crowds at Warped...I just think they've sort of hit where they're going to get to in terms of popularity from this record...and I can't see how their live show is going to gain them a lot more fans. I like the album fine, but they are just not a very good live band. That's an album that was built and auto-tuned in the studio...and they can't reproduce it onstage, imo.

Whereas Paramore will be touring Warped behind a new record...and if it's as good as I expect it to be, I think we're going to see them picking up a really large new fanbase (buzz within the scene, radio airplay?, MTV airplay? who knows?). Also, their distinctiveness will continue (imo) to work in their favor - there just aren't many (good)female-fronted bands out there and Hayley's so good and so charismatic as a frontwoman that I think their live show will continue to gain them new fans and draw attention.

Plus, they just keep improving onstage...Hayley's singing is significantly stronger and the band is tighter than ever and really locked in.

Yea. I totally agree with the Paramore thing. I'm thinking sort of a Cartel effect, with the MTV thing and all.

As for CIWWAF, I can't really say. I believe they are no longer on FBR (they're New Year's video wasn't through FBR, but Atlantic), so I don't know the kind of Promo etc they'll get before it. I'm thinking the main way they'll get lots of support at the tour is through promo prior to the tour. Just a guess though. we'll have to see how it goes. I do know that they're slowly drooping. I can't really explain it, but they are.

And yes, auto-tune was used TONS on the album, which i don't see in the show. It also seemed that Shaant forgot some words onstage, when they played here. Huge response though, bigger than Paramore from what I saw (though i'm usually bad at reading crowds), though, of course we know which was better

Well, every FBR band is sort of on Atlantic - Atlantic has a first look deal on all FBR bands from what I understand...it remains to be seen whether Paramore's next record gets a big push from Atlantic or not (my bet is that it does), but I'm pretty sure Atlantic puts a lot of marketing dollars behind a number of FBR bands...it's a tight relationship.

Hmmm...I don't know about that...it's possible that they only had a one album deal with FBR and now they're on Atlantic, but it's hard to say...considering how tight the two labels are, I'm not sure it makes much difference...even Paramore's next record was listed on David Bendeth's website as being for FBR/Atlantic...

On another note, I don't know what Paramore's current sales numbers are, but here are the most recent ones for Cute, courtesy of AP.net. I don't think Paramore's sold quite this many copies of AWKIF...the last Soundscan numbers I saw showed about 60-65k sold, I think...I don't think this accounts for overseas sales, though, and Paramore is obviously pretty big in the UK at this point.

Cute is What We Aim For - Same Head Rush ...: 4140 (94410)

Yeah, 60-65k was what I saw last too.

It's a shame I didn't see much promoting for Paramore back when their CD came out. It seems like FBR is more well known now, helping Cute out quite a bit since their CD is newer. Or maybe I was a n00b back in the day, haha. I think Paramore's sales for this CD are gonna crush Cute, though. :]

Chyeahhh I'm almost afraid to see it...and afraid to see the turnout at concerts ONLY cause it would suck if they got SOOO incredibly huge we couldn't even talk with them anymore after shows or anything. I sound quite selfish yeah, I wish them the best and want them to have everything, that is my only problem with sucess...:/ SO TORN. But of course their sucess means more than anything.

• 2 weeks later...