US Headlining Tour

I'm probably going to the one at Recher Theater at Towson, MD since its on a Sunday...but the problem is my parents are like SUPER strict. they wont drive me for anything over 1 hr. or anything close to an hour. i mapquested it and its only 57 min. from where i live UGHH. so if anyone has ever been there before please tell me what its like. Like if parking is a hassle, how long does it take to wait in line, the crowd mainly cause thats what my parents are worried about =P..and any other info you'd like to tell me about the place would be appreciated =D. see i really wanna know these things in advanced so i can impress my parents and show that i'm totally responsible hehh

I love the Recher Theater - I'll be at that show. I think it's on a Friday though, not Sunday.

Ok, so parking is not a hassle - there are a bunch of lots behind the venue and most of them are free or very cheap after 5pm or so. There's also a big parking garage down the street. It's just a little small town (and a pretty nice one at that) and the venue's right there in the middle of it. It's a neat place.

If you buy the VIP/M&G tix and it's before the show like it was last time, you won't have to wait in line - they'll just let you in before everyone else and then you stay inside after it's over. That's one of the nice things about the M&G...along with talking to the band of course.

The crowd at the last show wasn't that rowdy if that's what you're worried about...it was sold out though, so the place was full.

All in all, it's a really good place to see a show. And it's not in a bad part of town or anything like that, so there's really nothing for your parents to be worried about, imo.

it's kinda dumb that you have to buy a fan membership each time u wanna see them with m&g..like for me and stephler...we're going to the same two shows. so if we buy the VIP tickets for each show that means we'll have 2 memberships..what do i need 2 memberships for? they should have gave at least 2 m&g tickets with 1 membership.

ill prolly do the same as you whatsername. i already bought VIP for the anaheim show. imma wait out the avalon one to see if they are going to update us on the membership info.....

Yeah...I guess I now have 4 memberships to the fan club. Or something. Maybe I shouldn't have bought M&Gs for every show I'm going to...but the two in CA, I know I'll be getting there right before the show due to work stuff on those days, so not having to wait in line is a big benefit...idk...

I would think that in the future, being in the fan club will be the way to get access to these presales...and you probably won't have to pay extra for every VIP ticket you buy...

Yeah...I guess I now have 4 memberships to the fan club. Or something. Maybe I shouldn't have bought M&Gs for every show I'm going to...but the two in CA, I know I'll be getting there right before the show due to work stuff on those days, so not having to wait in line is a big benefit...idk...

I would think that in the future, being in the fan club will be the way to get access to these presales...and you probably won't have to pay extra for every VIP ticket you buy...

I think it's just unorganized this time because they've never done it this way. Which I think is still better than buying 4 tickets, though. You buy 4 ticekts and maybe plan on using 1 or 2, and that's sad because maybe someone won't get ANY tickets. :/ At least this way people are getting a ticekt, m&g and membership or not. It'll probably, like you suggested, be better next time around.

I think it's just unorganized this time because they've never done it this way. Which I think is still better than buying 4 tickets, though. You buy 4 ticekts and maybe plan on using 1 or 2, and that's sad because maybe someone won't get ANY tickets. :/ At least this way people are getting a ticekt, m&g and membership or not. It'll probably, like you suggested, be better next time around.

Yeah, I agree...this is better than having to buy 4 tickets and not necessarily using all of them...

And yeah...this whole thing happened so suddenly...I'm shocked by how quickly the tour dates were announced and then the presale...wow.

Yeah, I agree...this is better than having to buy 4 tickets and not necessarily using all of them...

And yeah...this whole thing happened so suddenly...I'm shocked by how quickly the tour dates were announced and then the presale...wow.

Ah YEAH! I'm glad I'm not alone on that one, haha. I come home from work last night and all of a sudden...tour dates!? PRESALE TICKETS?! CRAZY! And this singing contest came out of left field too. Dang!

i didnt even know there were tour dates bc i wasnt on here or myspace to find out. jarrod let me know. and then i was like whoa and something about tickets going on sale in march and i totally forgot today was march 1 then i get home form school and lane tells me presale tickets are on sale already. i was like WHOA. good thing is the week of my bday, bc its my "present" now hah. but yeah im just glad i got them when i did bc i missed out on all this last year. and i guess they dont expect most people to attend more than one show but yeah it is unorganized but like brent said next time around being in the club we will probably get presale and not have to pay the extra vip price or whatever. and yeah that was the aarmy that came out and then the tour. and i was like the 2nd show on that tour and we didnt get the freaking sound check party but they gave us those stickers saying "soundcheck party" and it didnt happen. and our m&g was sucky unlike the rest of the tour hah. but anyway im excited for this concert and the new musicccc =]

are these limited to every venue? cause I gotta hurry up and get these D:

but Im still getting to the show 2 hours before

and its will call again right? and since im under 18 can I use my id to get the tickets from will call or do I have to use my parents?

are these limited to every venue? cause I gotta hurry up and get these D:

but Im still getting to the show 2 hours before

and its will call again right? and since im under 18 can I use my id to get the tickets from will call or do I have to use my parents?

If you're asking about the VIP/M&G tickets, my guess is that there's about 50 per venue, like there was last time.

No, it said the shipment method was standard mail.

That seems to depend on the show - of the 4 shows I bought tickets for, 3 of them were will call only, 1 of them was mail only. Go figure.

HHAHA I KNOW! i don't think this was well planned at all.

the prices for this tour are ridiculous. $15 isn't alot of money, but for this show it is, especially considering who the openers are. for example, the cartel & anberlin tours going on now have prices of about $12...much bigger bands with much more well known openers. don't even get me started on the vip tickets haha. oh well, i'm going to suck it up & go anyways.

the prices for this tour are ridiculous. $15 isn't alot of money, but for this show it is, especially considering who the openers are. for example, the cartel & anberlin tours going on now have prices of about $12...much bigger bands with much more well known openers. don't even get me started on the vip tickets haha. oh well, i'm going to suck it up & go anyways.

Ehhh....$15 seems fine to me. That doesn't seem that high...anything below $20 seems cheap to me, considering what concert tickets seem to run these days.

The Anberlin tour is cheap - I'll agree with that. The Cartel tour is, I think, sponsored by Energizer, so that probably helps keep the ticket costs down there - they're footing part of the bill as a giant ad campaign.

I mean, I'm looking at other shows coming to the 9:30 Club - Butch Walker is charging $20. Ted Leo is charging $15. Anti-Flag is charging $15. Lily Allen, Kaiser Chiefs, The Good, the Bad and the Queen - they're all charging like $25.

I guess I think $15 seems just about right...I honestly don't begrudge bands concert ticket and merch money. It's where they make basically all the money they get to live on...they certainly don't make much (if anything) on record sales.

my show is will call like last time i just said my name and i showed them my ID and they gave me my ticket. so idk if i need to bring the credit card i purchased the tickets on with me or not this time?

I went to a Senses Fail show at Webster Hall and they asked for the credit card and I didn't have it, but after having a panic attack they just let me in, haha.

I will have my credit card with me anyway since I ordered it with my own, but I'd bring it just in case.

Yeah, my advice for will call is generally to bring as much stuff as you can. The email printout/receipt, the receipt/printout from the website when you ordered, the credit card you used, photo id...the more you have, the better I figure...

That way, if there is some mix-up or confusion, you have as much info as possible to show them that yeah, you did buy a ticket. And usually, most places will just let you in if you can prove that you did...

Okay,question so someone who did last year might know...

So I got a M&G pass and going to the show alone (because I'm cool like that)and so if they were to do it the same way they did last year where you go in,meet them and then you'd get brought back up to get your ticket from will call,would I have to get my mom to come in at that point,with the card we payed for the ticket with,since it was her card that we payed for the ticket with not mine? or do I just have to have the card with me,the confirmation email and a signed letter or something?