LJ Entry 3.21.07

such things...

HEY!

man, has time flown by. sorry it's been so long!

we realized how long it's been since you've heard from us... and how much has happened since then.

when i have my camera handy, i'll upload some pics for ya. although, i'm not sure i have that many as of right now. whatever the case, check back later for a few pictures!!!

after the "back from the almost dead" post, we realized how strong our connection with our fans has become over the past year and how much stronger it's going to become after our new record (RIOT!) is out. we were so humbled by the responses that some of you gave and at how honest you were with each other and most importantly yourself. it's pretty obvious that you guys are the best fans that any band could ever have and that all of us together have something that we never really thought any band/fans could have. thanks for taking the opportunity to allow us to open up to you and for opening up to us and each other in this community. we hope to continue to do things, by way of RIOT!, that will keep us as connected in the future as we are now. just keep your eyes and ears open for those opportunities.

also... can't believe we never really gave you a good update on this... Mary (the grand prize winner of our Last Song You'll Ever Sing contest) and the runners-up, Carl & Sarah, Kathleen and Derek did amazingly. we definitely picked the right people for the job. thanks again to everyone that entered, we had so much fun watching you guys enjoy music and just have a great time. would you guys ever wanna do stuff like that again? contests? interactive stuff?

now, for an interesting piece of information on the record that you won't get anywhere but here... (heh) we had a mariachi band come in on Monday. they laid down their version of a riff that is in a new song; working title "Mexico". if it works out the right way, you'll hear it on the radio. however, even if it doesn't make it to the record you'll hear it and we think you'll love it. it was definitely a learning experience and very fun to learn about a different culture and the way they express themselves through music as opposed to the way we do. GOOD TIMES!!!

i guess, i have to get outta here and finish a vocal. only a song and half left until i'm done!

we are so excited. oh my gosh. the longer i sit here typing about it the more excited i get.

GOTTA GO!

love,

hayley and josh.

yeas mariachi!!!

that just brings back memories for me...

every year when i go to El Salvador, my grandparents would always have a welcome back party and there was a mariachi band there.

mariachi is something i was NOT expecting at all, but it def is gonna be awesome.

june 12th come on faster!!