The Photography Thread

goodnote

i like this thread, everybody has good stuff. i've only gotten into "photography" (i look at mine as really amateur and yeah.. i don't want to come off as being pretentious like i think i'm awesome.) only fairly recently, and have only used my cheap digital (olympus fe-100). mostly at concerts, but during winter i went to Bartram's Garden in Philly and took some pictures for a project that actually turned out pretty well.

so i have one or two questions.

Has anybody worked with film and liked it, or even if you didn't, what were/are the complaints?

i'd kind of like to see what it's like... my dad used to be really into photography. he has a couple old cameras, and whenever i see them i think it would be cool to try it out. Got any suggestions, advice, etc?

Keep in mind i'm an amateur.. to the max. hahah. but i think photography can be pretty amazing and maybe a good way to spend my time, maybe even with my dad (i know i'm corny).

I've become very interested in film photography lately, picked up a lovely jubbly Sigma SA300 plus flash gun for a little under 20 quid off ebay a month or so ago. It's gorgeous <3

I'll make an effort to scan in some shots later, as well as trawling through the pages of this thread as i'd love to see the skills of you lovely bunch of people :)

Have some digi shots:

baggage.jpg

joe.jpg

jake6.jpg

what city is that??

it's Philly. and don't ask me how i got that shot. that picture is like my pride and joy, i think it's pretty amazing and i figure i'm just lucky that it came out that good. or maybe i just have a good eye.. ahhahah sike!

EDIT: just so i can be more specific (yes i'm a dork like that). . . the view in that pic is from Bartram's Garden, i went there for a school project and took a CRAPTON of pictures. it's a pretty sweet place; i actually really want to go back hopefully soon to see what it looks like when more stuff is actually alive.