but I got him where I want him now

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag

to steal it all away from you now

But God does it feel so good

Cause I got him where I want him now

And if you could then you know you would

Cause God it just feel's so

It just feels so good

In my opinion, this song isn't about being deep and lyrical. It's about letting it all out, for real, no secrets. It's all about speaking the truth, like Paramore said "the truth will set you free". When we posted in the post about being ashamed, we didn't hold anything back. We showed our true selves to the world. All our faults and weaknesses. I think, here, we see the same thing. I think that is what this song is about.

In my opinion, this song isn't about being deep and lyrical. It's about letting it all out, for real, no secrets. It's all about speaking the truth, like Paramore said "the truth will set you free". When we posted in the post about being ashamed, we didn't hold anything back. We showed our true selves to the world. All our faults and weaknesses. I think, here, we see the same thing. I think that is what this song is about.

amen. extremely well put.

i agree with miss lisa

It's deep...just in a very different way. It has two levels of meaning, imo...I'll copy what I posted in their LJ...and Lisa, I love what you said above too.

I love how the song works on two levels - you can take it at face value - the singer is happy she got what him/got what she wanted...but then there's the other level - the fact that she's ashamed that she's so happy and excited about something that caused someone else pain.

At least, that's how I'm hearing it...and yeah...I can definitely identify with that.

i still need the whole thing to fully devise an opinion

agreed.