Misery Business

I really like it, it's good. The only thing I don't like is how fast Hayley sings, she's almost rapping!

LOL. Even if she's rapping on the whole album, I'd still buy it. lmao.

Wow, Hayley's voice really matured. I love the lyrics too. The only downfall is the music. =/

there may be a little more to it, but it's still not deep. or at least the lyrics so far. yes, the speaker feels ... whatever you said before. i can't remember exactly. but that's not deep. that's a natural feeling that everyone feels. being deep is going a step further than just "stating" ones feelings. my perception of it so far is just having feelings and nothing else.

and i wasn't reading into it. i was taking it from reading the exact lyrics.

In thinking back over what you've said and what I've posted, I think we may be going the wrong direction debating whether it's "deep" or not...I'm not sure Hayley ever really said that's what she was going for on this record - she said that her lyrics were going to be more open and honest about shame and pain and things she's felt. And you can't get much more open than these lyrics - this is her putting her feelings out there in a very direct way.

Hrmm... I like it and I don't.

First impression: Hayley could be singing over people banging pots together and I'd still buy the damn album. Comparing her to the last record, it doesn't even sound like the same person, she has so much power and control it's ridiculous. She also writes some of the most beautiful and intricate melodies I've ever heard. If for some reason the new CD fails musically, she'll easily carry the band into stardom.

However all this talk about Josh becoming so much more familiar with his instrument etc.. I'm really just not hearing it. I really hope we hear more songs like My Heart etc that break away from the ABABCB cookie cutter pattern and keep it interesting for the listener. However if they don't, I don't really think it'll affect their success.

Just my 2 cents. 8-)

Since this is the single and is probably one of (if not the) catchiest song on the album, it might also be one of the simpler songs (radio hits usually are) - I think we'll hear more from Josh and the rest of the band on other tracks...I do think they've all improved dramatically on their instruments.

i agree with diego's post before. but zac the most...

and for those who came on this morning and were wondering why we were saying that hayley sounded like a man... because the audio was all messed up and slowed it down haha. she still has a beautiful voice though :] it just messed up so it sounded really deep haha.

i cant seem to get used to the lyrics in this little clip. although i appreciate everything paramore does, i was thinking about it last night.. i mean thinking of songs like franklin, all we know and never let this go, had so much meaning.. and the lyrics had deep messages and.. they just filled up the emptiness in my body. sort of like a story book reflecting on my life. but i also know that it is only a clip. so i will wait, and not yet judge :]

i guess i am sort of disappointed about this 'clip' so far because seeing as it is the single...and one of the best/catchiest songs on the album, im hoping that the other songs will have lyrics with more depth then MB. Yes i understand that this song has so much meaning-- so much honesty put into it, it just my opinion though...i just hope the other songs will be more like AWKIF

ps. i hope thers a slow song :D (im a sucker for those)

pps. zac says at the end friday june 12.. is june 12 a tuesday?

i agree with diego's post before. but zac the most...

and for those who came on this morning and were wondering why we were saying that hayley sounded like a man... because the audio was all messed up and slowed it down haha. she still has a beautiful voice though :] it just messed up so it sounded really deep haha.

i cant seem to get used to the lyrics in this little clip. although i appreciate everything paramore does, i was thinking about it last night.. i mean thinking of songs like franklin, all we know and never let this go, had so much meaning.. and the lyrics had deep messages and.. they just filled up the emptiness in my body. sort of like a story book reflecting on my life. but i also know that it is only a clip. so i will wait, and not yet judge :]

i guess i am sort of disappointed about this 'clip' so far because seeing as it is the single...and one of the best/catchiest songs on the album, im hoping that the other songs will have lyrics with more depth then MB. Yes i understand that this song has so much meaning-- so much honesty put into it, it just my opinion though...i just hope the other songs will be more like AWKIF

ps. i hope thers a slow song :D (im a sucker for those)

pps. zac says at the end friday june 12.. is june 12 a tuesday?

See, I think this song has every bit as much meaning as those songs...it's more specific and direct, but instead of talking in generalities and broader themes, it still addresses a broad theme (shame over feeling happy) by telling a much more specific story.

It's a different approach to lyric writing, but I personally think it's stronger.

I think a lot of people are getting hung up on the song not being "deep" enough, but don't mistake a song being more general or indirect in its lyrics as depth...there's not a lot deeper in terms of feeling and emotions than talking about your shame at feeling joy and happiness in the face of someone else's pain.

ohh yeah that makes me laugh!

everyone was like 'whoaaa is it a joke?' ;-)

I ripped this error if someone wants to know what happened : http://www.sendspace.com/file/d0g6fl

whoa... i never meant to brag

but i got him where i want him now

whoa... it was never my intention to brag

to steal it all away from you now

but god does it feel so good

to steal it all away from you now

and if you could then you know you would

cause god it just feels so

it just feels so good.

this part sounds SOOOOOO panic at the disco-ish.

Since this is the single and is probably one of (if not the) catchiest song on the album, it might also be one of the simpler songs (radio hits usually are) - I think we'll hear more from Josh and the rest of the band on other tracks...I do think they've all improved dramatically on their instruments.

Or the new cd may just be more basic since they are sticking with 1 guitar player =/

that may be right but i can hear a clip of "born for this" and iam far more impressed thanwith misery business

Yeh I was more immediately impressed with born for this as well but...