Misery Business

and so far, I don't really think it's deep at all. There's nothing that really makes it deep unless you consider what it below as deep. which it isn't. yes, it's straighforward, but it isn't really deep. if it were, you'd have to call songs written by artists such as Hilary Duff and AShlee Simpson deep because it pretty much sounds like something one of them would sing/write

whoa... i never meant to brag

but i got him where i want him now

whoa... it was never my intention to brag

to steal it all away from you now

but god does it feel so good

cause i got him where i want him right now and if you could then you know you would

cause god it just feels so

it just feels so good.

agreed.

i agree with miss lisa

I will third that.

amen. extremely well put.

In my opinion, this song isn't about being deep and lyrical. It's about letting it all out, for real, no secrets. It's all about speaking the truth, like Paramore said "the truth will set you free". When we posted in the post about being ashamed, we didn't hold anything back. We showed our true selves to the world. All our faults and weaknesses. I think, here, we see the same thing. I think that is what this song is about.

great minds think alike.

It's deep...just in a very different way. It has two levels of meaning, imo...I'll copy what I posted in their LJ...and Lisa, I love what you said above too.

I love how the song works on two levels - you can take it at face value - the singer is happy she got what him/got what she wanted...but then there's the other level - the fact that she's ashamed that she's so happy and excited about something that caused someone else pain.

At least, that's how I'm hearing it...and yeah...I can definitely identify with that.

totally agree =]

and so far, I don't really think it's deep at all. There's nothing that really makes it deep unless you consider what it below as deep. which it isn't. yes, it's straighforward, but it isn't really deep. if it were, you'd have to call songs written by artists such as Hilary Duff and AShlee Simpson deep because it pretty much sounds like something one of them would sing/write

Hey..Ashlee writes some darn good songs. & Hilarys stepped up her writing game on her new album, thank you very much.

Note: Yes, i'm a pop whore. :D

Hey..Ashlee writes some darn good songs. & Hilarys stepped up her writing game on her new album, thank you very much.

Note: Yes, i'm a pop whore. :D

I totally didn't mean it like that. I meant like, people often criticize them for writing lyrics that aren't deep at all, ya know? I'm sure you hear people say they suck and stuff.

What I'm saying is that. you can't say they're songs sound like crap, and love the lyrics of this song because they're very very VERY similar

Good songs don't have to be deep.

Very true.

I totally didn't mean it like that. I meant like, people often criticize them for writing lyrics that aren't deep at all, ya know? I'm sure you hear people say they suck and stuff.

Sadly, i do :( haha.

What I'm saying is that. you can't say they're songs sound like crap, and love the lyrics of this song because they're very very VERY similar

Really..?

So what though, they're still good lyrics non the less.

Deep or not deep...its all in a matter of opinion i guess.

He is! He needs to teach me his skills! The only songs I know how to play from Paramore are Here We Go Again and Hallelujah. And I don't even do those perfectly.

hHAHA. same here. ;-)

I only know how to play Pressure, Here We Go Again, Oh Star, Hallelujah, My Heart (learned it yerterday).

and its not 100% perfect.

Really..?

So what though, they're still good lyrics non the less.

Deep or not deep...ts all in a matter of opinion i guess.

yea, they're still good lyrics. i'm just saying that one can't say that ashlee simpson's lyrics aren't deep while Paramore's are, when they're pretty much the same sort of lyrics.

i hope i didn't sound like i was putting those artists down.

yea, they're still good lyrics. i'm just saying that one can't say that ashlee simpson's lyrics aren't deep while Paramore's are, when they're pretty much the same sort of lyrics.

it kinda did, but you redeemed yourself haha.

ah, i can't find another word to use instead of redeemed.

it makes me sound snotty :(

Don't read too much into one verse and the chorus...

And I still don't think (as I posted at ap.net), that most girl pop works at multiple levels. This isn't just a song about being happy you got the guy. There's more to it than that.

Don't read too much into one verse and the chorus...

And I still don't think (as I posted at ap.net), that most girl pop works at multiple levels. This isn't just a song about being happy you got the guy. There's more to it than that.

there may be a little more to it, but it's still not deep. or at least the lyrics so far. yes, the speaker feels ... whatever you said before. i can't remember exactly. but that's not deep. that's a natural feeling that everyone feels. being deep is going a step further than just "stating" ones feelings. my perception of it so far is just having feelings and nothing else.

and i wasn't reading into it. i was taking it from reading the exact lyrics.

Hrmm... I like it and I don't.

First impression: Hayley could be singing over people banging pots together and I'd still buy the damn album. Comparing her to the last record, it doesn't even sound like the same person, she has so much power and control it's ridiculous. She also writes some of the most beautiful and intricate melodies I've ever heard. If for some reason the new CD fails musically, she'll easily carry the band into stardom.

However all this talk about Josh becoming so much more familiar with his instrument etc.. I'm really just not hearing it. I really hope we hear more songs like My Heart etc that break away from the ABABCB cookie cutter pattern and keep it interesting for the listener. However if they don't, I don't really think it'll affect their success.

Just my 2 cents. 8-)

Ahhhhh another like 14 pages to go through

I got bored and skipped like half of them, not that i don't want to hear all your opnions haha

It's just i can't be bothered to read that much :]

ANYWAY the song, yeah i like the clip

BUT i will wait for the whole song to make a judgement

I'm excited to hear the full song though thanks to that clip :]