Tattoos?

triquetra

it's been decided, in two months minus 3 days i am getting "et nous ne savons pas ce que c'est que l'amour" across my third rib on my right, and a small three-leaf clover on my left hip. ahhh. nervous but very excited.

I'm probably going to sound stupid for asking, but what does that translate to? haha

It sounds really pretty, and I love that placement. I cant wait to see it.

this is my first tattoo i got a month ago, i love it

286setw.jpg

That really pretty Emma!

The color is very vibrant, I love it.

Faith; I think the text Jorgi is getting means something like: "and we don't know what love is", not sure though, but it has something do to with love and we don't know (:

And I think the firts sideways looks amazing! They all do, but I think that one looks best :)

Faith; I think the text Jorgi is getting means something like: "and we don't know what love is", not sure though, but it has something do to with love and we don't know (:

Yeah, it's either that or "and we don't know what it is to love". My French is pretty (read: extremely) rusty though.

Yeah, it's either that or "and we don't know what it is to love". My French is pretty (read: extremely) rusty though.

Yeah, I think yours is right :) Mines not so rusty seeing as I'm studying it right now, but I don't understand anything my teacher is saying:shifty:

And I think the firts sideways looks amazing! They all do, but I think that one looks best :)

Ohhh... okay! Thats awesome either way. I wish I knew how to speak french, its such a pretty language.

And thanks Guro! I'm quite fond of that one, I think thats the one I'm gonna get, but I'm gonna wait until she does the final drafts of all of them.

I'm getting it once I get enough money for it and once the design is finalized.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wait till about the middle of October because I'm going home the 15th and I want the guy who did my first tattoo to do it.

But I need about $80-$100 for it... so hopefully I can get that much before then. haha

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm probably getting my new tattoo on Friday!

I still dont have the final draft yet. My friend is finishing it up probably today... haha.

I'm so excited... the only thing is I dont know which way I want it to go.

should I get it so its facing me so I can read it... or facing out so others can read it?

it's essentially both 8-); the literal translation is what Ross said but the context of it is what Guro said. it's a really common french poem but it's one of the first ones i read in french and has stuck with me for ages. i love french.

should I get it so its facing me so I can read it... or facing out so others can read it?

the question is, who is it for ? if it's for you, have it so you can read it, if it's for other people, let them read it. just show us either way when it's done ;-)

only a month until i get my two done, so excited :willy_nilly: