decoy

loGan

wait, i still dont get it. Hayley mentioned 'decoy; while talking about songs on the album. we have now established that decy is actually nirvana, but nirvana isnt on the tracklist either, was she talking about a bonus track that half of us wont ever own?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, i still dont get it. Hayley mentioned 'decoy; while talking about songs on the album. we have now established that decy is actually nirvana, but nirvana isnt on the tracklist either, was she talking about a bonus track that half of us wont ever own?

Nirvana was the working title, the actual title is now Decoy, apparantly. It'll be a bonus track at a specific store.

This was recently posted over on the ap.net forums:

I don't know about the # of bonus tracks but I do know that Hot Topic, Best Buy, and Walmart will all have exclusives. Possibly bonus tracks, possibly not. I got this information from WEA Corporation which owns Fueled By Ramen which is Paramore's label. I do know that Walmart's will have a free downloadable voicetone, which means that their exclusive may just be cell phone stuff.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=6611008#post6611008

I don't know about the # of bonus tracks but I do know that Hot Topic, Best Buy, and Walmart will all have exclusives. Possibly bonus tracks, possibly not. I got this information from WEA Corporation which owns Fueled By Ramen which is Paramore's label. I do know that Walmart's will have a free downloadable voicetone, which means that their exclusive may just be cell phone stuff.

interesting. i want a paramore voicetone.

That is very accurate information :)

I don't know anything about Walmart's exclusive, but I've got the information on what Best Buy and Hot Topic will have in the interview...although if you read back through this thread, you can probably piece it together at this point :)

i hope that PF.com is ok with b-side sharing, b/c it's crazy for people to be buying like 4 different copies just to get everything.

Yeah...we'll have to figure out how we feel about that...I understand the concerns about people having to buy multiple copies of the album...and how expensive that can get...but I also understand the band's reason for doing this. And there are copyright concerns and things like that we have to consider as well - we don't want to get the website in trouble with FBR or the RIAA or anyone like that.

I think it will probably come down to what the band's opinion on it is...I would think it might be more likely that we'll allow the UK/imported stuff to be shared than the US releases. But we'll make some sort of announcement when we get it all clarified.

i hope we can get all that stuff on pre-order too.

´cause we are bying the cd before it´s released

i mean..come on..we can get some credit for that :)

My guess is that you can't - the reason these extra tracks get included is because the stores insist on them if you want promotional support, better placement, lower price points, etc. Basically, the way I understand it, if you want Best Buy to feature you in their ads and put you on the end of the aisle and generally promote the heck out of your CD, they insist that you give them something no one else has - some sort of bonus track or live track or something like that. So, whatever is on the Best Buy version can't be available anywhere else, even on the pre-order - it's part of the deal...

My guess is that you can't - the reason these extra tracks get included is because the stores insist on them if you want promotional support, better placement, lower price points, etc. Basically, the way I understand it, if you want Best Buy to feature you in their ads and put you on the end of the aisle and generally promote the heck out of your CD, they insist that you give them something no one else has - some sort of bonus track or live track or something like that. So, whatever is on the Best Buy version can't be available anywhere else, even on the pre-order - it's part of the deal...

I hate that, but i understand.

Looks like i'll be buying multiple copies, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Well I found this info on Wikipedia. And I'm not so sure if it's true or not. So don't get mad at me if it isn't. But here it is.

Best Buy Release

1. Stop This Song (Love Sick Melody) *also on Misery Business UK single*

2. Rewind (Demo)

3. Emergency (Live)

iTunes Release

1. Misery Business (Acoustic)

Hot Topic Release

1. Decoy

FYE Release

1. Here We Go Again (Live)

I went to the Hot Topic website to check that out. And they don't say anything about a website only exclusive. Since Hot Topic is doing ALOT of RIOT! promotion. Like the listening party they had, and the buy RIOT! and get any Paramore tee for $9.99 so I'd say it's safe to assume that when you buy the CD at a store you'll get a download code with it, or Decoy might be on the CD itself, though I doubt that.