old and new hayley

i think i'm like way late for this thread.. but just if anyone reads it..

i saw them on may 7th in cleveland and i had a meet and greet. and my biggest fear is them turning into some band like P!ATD and just completely forgetting about all of fans that have been here through everything. i know they wont because theyre so intimate with all of us.. but it still happens.

so i told them "you guys are amazing, seriously don't change for anyone like MTV or anything, you guys are so much better than that" and zac was like "haha we already did" and the following monday the video for misery business aired all over MTV2 and you could just tell how much they've changed.. not necessarily bad, just different.

i think i'm like way late for this thread.. but just if anyone reads it..

i saw them on may 7th in cleveland and i had a meet and greet. and my biggest fear is them turning into some band like P!ATD and just completely forgetting about all of fans that have been here through everything. i know they wont because theyre so intimate with all of us.. but it still happens.

so i told them "you guys are amazing, seriously don't change for anyone like MTV or anything, you guys are so much better than that" and zac was like "haha we already did" and the following monday the video for misery business aired all over MTV2 and you could just tell how much they've changed.. not necessarily bad, just different.

They've grown up, but who they are hasn't changed in my opinion...and Hayley actually talks a little bit about this in the interview we did...

so im a bit late for this thread too...

i was talking to a girl in my class and telling her how i used to love FOB before they became known for "Sugar.." and she was like so why dont you like them now and I was like well all the little girls falling over pete and just liking them for one song and letting it all go to their head (thats how i see it) and then she was like who cares? dont worry about those kinds of ppl you liked them for their music before so why is it different now? and i kinda agree with her and it made me think..but then again i wish they were that smaller band from TTTYG that i knew..and i, like everyone else have that fear about paramore. i mean they do deserve it, i try to tell ppl about them but them i'm like wait i dont want them to know who paramore is...ahh idk. I hope your near completing the interview brent, cause i really want to hear what they say about all this...haha.

^ yeah i totally agree and i think we all feel that way. we really dont know what to except and we hate to think paramore would forget about us, but i highly doubt they would. just think the best and know that they are so sweet to us and even if they do get bigger and they cant hang out after every show, i know they still appreciate us and are thankful for us, because we basically helped them grow into what they have become today. and we have to be proud of that and accept it.

idk if that makes since...

I have a good example of how I feel. Circa Survive is my favorite band and I went to go see them play a show in the middle of nowhere in Illinois in a trailer that was turned into a bar. This was before many people knew about them after they released their first cd. And although the bar was so shitty it was the most incredible thing ever, there wasnt even a stage they just played on the floor and the few people that were there were right there with them. Now they are playing much bigger venues and getting alot more media attention and its just not the same intensity as when they were smaller touring out of a crappy van and playing shows just to make enough money to make it to the next show, when music literally was their life and passion. The band does continue though to be amazing and interacts with their fans a whole bunch on their blog and do all kinds of great things for the fans but I miss the old days when you could chill with the band members after the show at the bar they just played, grab a beer and talk all night.

Yeah I just felt they were so like...relate-able in the beginning. They didnt wear lots of make-up or get really done up and would just come hang out with us. It's not like that anymore. I love their new songs, but I really do miss their old image.

^ well, they may have changed their style up but they have grown older and as you get older your taste changes. its part of life, it took me a while to get use to it also but you learn to deal. sure they are alot of fun to hang out with after shows. i think they will continue to do that, have meet and greets, love and respect their fans. Because we are the ones that have helped them grow and get bigger. wether we like it or not...

idk if that made much sense...

Yeah I just felt they were so like...relate-able in the beginning. They didnt wear lots of make-up or get really done up and would just come hang out with us. It's not like that anymore. I love their new songs, but I really do miss their old image.

idk...did you see them on the most recent tour? They're wearing jeans and t-shirts and they came and hung out after every show I saw.

They're certainly more popular and they have to be more protective of their personal time and space now...but they're still the same people at heart. They really are.

Ohh I love the "band selling out" chatter.

I think this is the problem when u like very good bands that are not known, and very talented. Hell, Paramore looks damn good too. They are eventually bound to get huge, and Paramore is heading that direction. Sure the venues will get a little larger, you might not get to hang out with the band, but it is a part of the bands maturing.

It has to happen. I am seeing the same thing happen with Meg & Dia. What band lets you take them around the city to show them cool spots when they are in town? Or play guitar with them on a street behind the venue before their show? Try not to be bitter towards them. I wanted a album that was more rock, and it seems my dreams were answered. Heck, I believe we are getting a better album, so this is good. We should all be proud we are here now to welcome in the new fans. God knows im new here, and there are gonna be a ton more people coming in the near future.

I will never ever, ever, EVER understand why people don't want bands they like to get big.

It's fucking pathetic and I hate it.

Especially for you to say it about Paramore of all bands.

From what I've seen, they haven't changed as people any more than the normal amount of change everyone goes through.

They're still great people making great music, what's the problem?

The only reasonable reason (LOL) I've ever heard was how it affects shows.

Yeah, it makes it harder to talk to them and stuff, but honestly, get over it. It's not the end of the world.

Yeah, it's cool to see them at a small show and be able to talk/hang out with the for a while afterwards, I agree. But the shows I've been to of theirs more recently have honestly been so much more fun than at smaller shows.

I will never ever, ever, EVER understand why people don't want bands they like to get big.

From what I've seen, they haven't changed as people any more than the normal amount of change everyone goes through.

Yeah, it makes it harder to talk to them and stuff, but honestly, get over it. It's the the end of the world.

Yeah, it's cool to see them at a small show and be able to talk/hang out with the for a while afterwards, I agree. But the shows I've been to of theirs more recently have honestly been so much more fun than at smaller shows.

Exactly. I agree 100%. You all saw them on Fuse. They were still being themselves and having fun. They will continue to be that way. YAY!

I was so relieved when I saw the interview

this is what hayley said:

"Hayley: I just wanted to say...I've seen a couple posts online and all that stuff....I know there are a couple people who are worried about us...if this record takes off - that we're just going to forget where we came from and all the people who were there first. But we love you guys so much.

Josh and Jeremy: Yeah, for sure.

Hayley: We're really thankful for you guys. Every time we come here - here, and every time we see someone that we've known for awhile at any show, it's just such a good feeling to know that...without you guys, we wouldn't be here. So thanks. Don't worry! No worries!"

I love them so much!

I guess, I just wanted them to assure us that they're not gonna forget us.

y'know.

I guess that's all I really needed.

I'm all good now

Yeah, it makes it harder to talk to them and stuff, but honestly, get over it. It's not the end of the world.

Im sorry you dont understand but most of the time when bands get too big they completely lose everything I loved about them, I can sit here and name about 30 different bands who started out making some of the best and original music I have heard but then completely sold out and dumbed everything down and started creating cliche hooks and lost everything original I loved about them. Has this never happened to you, I dont know about you guys but I see it happen all the time, and I just dont want it to happen to Paramore because no matter how amazing and awesome people they are things can go to your head easily once the ball gets rollin.

Yeah they've all really changed a lot.

But everyone changes I guess. I mean, I've made quite a transformation from 6th-8th grade. In the 6th grade I was just some tomboy. 7th I went all emo. And in 8th I level headed myself and decided to stop following trends, but what I like.

Their music's changed a lot too. But I like that. ^-^

i agree :)

I can kinda see what people mean when they don't want Paramore to get too big, but the only affect I see it having is on shows and stuff. This is why I made such an effort to go to Underworld as I just kept hearing about what in intimate space it was and stuff and people were going on about how big Pmore are getting.

But then you just wonder will it come to the point where they'll be selling out places like Wembley stadium with a thousand bodyguards around em and you can only get one thing signed and no pictures and stuff. I Don't think it will and I really hope it doesn't get to that extreme :D

Wow. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I want them mto be recognies, but the new look looks to glamorous for me. Although I wasn't there for them, I prefer the old look.

But that's just image. We know the popularity won't change them. I really wanna meet them though, so I hope it won't be harder.

I'll never understand people who don't want their favorite band to become more successful and well known. This band doesn't belong to anyone, just so ya know. Kinda sad that so many people wish they would stay unknown just because they "don't want to share". =/

I understand how people become attached to bands, but come on now, be happy when they become more successful and bring in more fans. It's what they want to happen, after all.

I'll never understand people who don't want their favorite band to become more successful and well known. This band doesn't belong to anyone, just so ya know. Kinda sad that so many people wish they would stay unknown just because they "don't want to share". =/

I understand how people become attached to bands, but come on now, be happy when they become more successful and bring in more fans. It's what they want to happen, after all.

For me, it's not that I don't want them to get more popular and well known... For ME it's that with the poeple around here--even if you've been listening to something for years, they'll call you a poser if it's really popular and you like it (which sometimes IS the case with some kids lol)... And I don't wanna deal with these poeple's shinanigans.

One girl tries to tell me that I pose and "didn't grow up with metal or hardcore" because in "8th grade" I listened to rap. Yeah, everyone did, and even through that phase, I STILL listened to my Metal. The first music I remember hearing in my house was Iron Maiden, Metallica, Guns and Roses...

And I'M the poser???... I've been doing it my whole life. So, sorry, but that's one of the BIG things. I don't wanna deal with stupid kids that think they know what's going on lol.

And I've seen REALLY good bands get killed because of that, and it's scary (FOB)

Like I've said a thousand times though, they're really level headed kids, and I have faith. And they deserve every bit of the fame that they get. Every single bit of it.