how did u discover paramore and what's the first paramore song u heard?

I more than likely have posted in here already, but I'll post again, because last time I didn't see the first song part.

I first heard Paramore around September or October of 2005. The first song I heard was Pressure, and then Emergency (at the time those were the only two songs on their Pure Volume).

i first heard of paramore sometime in 2006 when a friend played a cover of my heart on his phone. then i asked what the song's title was. then i looked for the song in the internet and liked it. at first i thought hayley sounded like lavigne (i should be stoned, ikw) but thought otherwise after downloading MH to my phone and listening to it all the time. fast forward to april 07, i asked a dorm mate if she knows the band Paramore and she said "no...but my brother does. in fact he gave me a few songs to listen to." and i asked if she could give me a copy. my para-addiction developed from there and i was actually able to hook some of my roommates to listen to paramore. how? i played the miz biz vid from 97X and they were blown by hayley's voice (and thought she's pretty). that's it!!

Well, I was waiting in line at American Eagle and I was watching the music videos that they play in there, then all of the sudden I see this band with a girl singer. I'm like "oh, this is kinda cool"...I keep watching it and I was like "dang, these guys are really good!" so after the video ended I got a pen from my mom and wrote the band name on my hand...lol I love them 'till this day...oh yeah, by the way the video was Pressure :)

I'm not sure when exactly, but it was around september '05. Somebody on avril bandaids had a picture of them in his signature. I thought they looked cool :P so I googled them and downloaded awkif (later bought it) and Hallelujah. First song I listened was probably All We Know, but I'm not sure. Became a fan almost instantly and awkif has been my favorite album since then. :)

it was sometime in '05, it was emergency...my ex boyfriend was playing it in his room while he was ingoring me. and i was thinking 'im so pissed, he's just sitting there listening to some stupid band called paramore, grrrr' turns out. they arent stupid at all. and then they became my new fave band!! haha

my friend told me about paramore after she had listened to them on purevolume in early '06. back then i wasnt really a big fan of girl fronted bands. but i gave it a shot and after the first song i was already hooked. which btw was brighter. <33

i've loved them ever since.

On the Alter Bridge Board, someone posted a topic "Paramore, what do you guys think?"

I clicked and checked them out, wasnt a fan at first.

Then a friend at school told me about them a few days later, checked them out again and still didnt like them.

Like 5 months later i just randomly downloaded their albums again and havent looked back. (I did end up buying the albums shortly after just so people dont get anrgy with me)

Now easily my favourite band. I suppose i would have heard Emergency first. Yeah I remember thinking "These guys are emo as!" How incredibly stupid now i look at it.

Back on the alter bridge board, people have actually made a topic

"Please lock the "Paramore, what do you guys think" thread!"

As a petition because thats where i spend most of my time posting there. It hasnt left page 1 of the other bands sub forum thingy in months.

On the Alter Bridge Board, someone posted a topic "Paramore, what do you guys think?"

I clicked and checked them out, wasnt a fan at first.

Then a friend at school told me about them a few days later, checked them out again and still didnt like them.

Like 5 months later i just randomly downloaded their albums again and havent looked back. (I did end up buying the albums shortly after just so people dont get anrgy with me)

Now easily my favourite band. I suppose i would have heard Emergency first. Yeah I remember thinking "These guys are emo as!" How incredibly stupid now i look at it.

Back on the alter bridge board, people have actually made a topic

"Please lock the "Paramore, what do you guys think" thread!"As a petition because thats where i spend most of my time posting there. It hasnt left page 1 of the other bands sub forum thingy in months.

How bitter. Just because you like an artist people are dogging you for it?

Where have I experienced that before :roll:

Emergency was the first song i've ever heard. I didn't listen to it very much but then again and again and I thought it sounds pretty cool. So my best friend sent me the whole album but it was in the folder on my computer for ages ^^ But my ex boyfriend was kinda obsessed with them.... so he infected me with the Paramore stuff ^^ And when they came to Germany for their Riot tour and I began to hear their album 10000 times a day :DD

Now they're my fave band. hehe.

i'm not sure (because i don't remember pretty well) but i guess it was around 2006, when in an avril lavigne fan site (i think it was avrilbandaids.com) i saw a post about them, which had over 100 post, and all of them were about how great paramore was and all that kind of stuff, so i look in youtube some videos and i like their music and then i download their first album (legally) and a few months ago i bought Riot

MTV, yeah i know.

I caught the campfire version of "Pressure" and that was the first song i heard from them...but i didn't become a fan (obsessed) til recently...probably just last month. i've been pretty much ignoring them, thinking they were just another band...

moral of the story, don't knock it 'til you try it! hah.

• 7 months later...