Ashhh

http://myspace.com/musicscenemedia

smallpara.jpg

Band Name: Paramore

Date Interviewed: January 20th, 2006

Interview Type/Location: Online Interview

Interviewed by: Jesse Gonzalez and Lance Paris

How did you guys start?

I (Hayley) met Josh and Zac at school when I was 13. They had this great garage band and I would always go over to their house to watch them practice. Eventually, we started writing together and kind of formed a new band. We played at school talent shows and things like that... and then a couple years later, after recruiting our friend Jeremy, we got really serious about it and started playing around Nashville. Hunter has been one of our friends for a while and when we needed another guitar player he was the first person we asked.

How did you come up with Paramore and does it mean anything?

It was an idea we'd been throwing around for a long time. When someone mentioned we should actually use it, we looked it up, found out that it had a couple of cool meanings - one being secret love - and we couldn't pass it up.

What's the process in writing your music?

I (Josh) write most of the music and Hayley writes most of the lyrics and melodies. We help each other out a lot though, when we get stuck with something. We're a team... that sounds cheesy.

Where does your inspiration come from?

We write about what we know. We're young, so it may not be much, but it's always something important to us. We also get inspiration from great music or bands that do what they do because they just love it. That is really inspiring.

Describe your band in three words.

Energetic, emotional, and fun.

What is something you just have to bring with you on tour?

Hunter - XBox and Halo 2.

Zac - Cell phone, charger, iMac and iMac charger.

Josh - an acoustic guitar.

Jeremy - all kinds of candy.

Hayley - a journal.

Do you have any certain rituals you do before a show?

We ALL punch each other in the chest a couple times, really hard, to get pumped... not really... but we do stretch a little.

What is your favorite song to play live?

"My Heart" is always fun to play because it's so emotional and you just get caught up in it. "Whoa!" is extremely fun too... especially when the crowd participates.

What can people expect when they see you play live?

Expect the best 30-45 minutes of your LIFE!

What is something you like to do when not on the road and back home on your down time?

Hayley - hang out with my sisters or friends in Downtown Franklin.

Zac - sleep in my own, sit in the food court at the mall with friends and eat Cali Wraps.

Josh - hang out with my family...and being home.

Hunter - hang out with my brother and friends.

What is one of your great tour stories that you would probably always remember?

On the way to a show up north, at like 1 or 2 in the morning we hit a deer so hard... he flew towards our trailer and pooped all down the side of it.

When you're on the road just waiting for your show to start, what do you do?

Hayley does vocal warm ups...sometimes. We watch the other bands play and walk around. I don't know, ha, we just hang out with each other.

I know you played on the Shira Girl Stage this passed summer on warped tour; do you have plans of playing warped tour again this summer?

Yes, we will be there. Warped tour is so much fun, we can't wait to see all of our friends and get sunburned! Haha.

What influenced your decision to sign with Fueled by Ramen?

The fact that everyone there loves music and helps us be a better band. It wasn't a tough decision.

How did Fueled by Ramen come across you?

Our management is out of Orlando, and FBR is out of Tampa. They knew each other somehow and we were introduced to John Janick not too long before we moved to Orlando to rehearse and write. After we played a very small show for Janick, both he and everyone in our band knew FBR was perfect for our band.

How was it recording your first full-length album?

And was there anything you expected or did not expect during the recording? We had the best time recording the record. We didn't have much time to do it and it got pretty hectic, but we learned so much from that process. Zac got basically all his drum tracks done in one day... that was fun to watch.

How did you get producers James Wisner and Mike Green to produce your record? And how was it working with both of those producers?

We love most everything that James has done... he'd worked with Janick before on The Academy Is... record, so that wasn't hard to hook up. Mike Green was actually Janick's idea and it worked out really well. Both guys were really fun to work with and really stretched us as musicians.

What advice can you give to a band that wants to be in your position or wants a chance at getting bigger?

Know what you want to do it for and stick with it. Be the band that YOU want to be.

What can we expect from Paramore in the upcoming year?

Non-stop touring... a few new songs... a little video footage... more web updates... a couple new haircuts... and the same crazy kids.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/paramore

It was an idea we'd been throwing around for a long time. When someone mentioned we should actually use it, we looked it up, found out that it had a couple of cool meanings - one being secret love - and we couldn't pass it up.

i did not know that. very cool.

It was an idea we'd been throwing around for a long time. When someone mentioned we should actually use it' date=' we looked it up, found out that it had a couple of cool meanings - one being secret love - and we couldn't pass it up. [/i']

I had heard them say somewhere before that Paramore was also like Hayley's grandmothers' maiden name or something like that...

It was an idea we'd been throwing around for a long time. When someone mentioned we should actually use it' date=' we looked it up, found out that it had a couple of cool meanings - one being secret love - and we couldn't pass it up. [/i']

I had heard them say somewhere before that Paramore was also like Hayley's grandmothers' maiden name or something like that...

thats cool.

Isn't it secret love as in adulterous love?

Isn't it secret love as in adulterous love?

i hope not :shock:

lol, no i dont think so.

great interview, but it didnt seem like they were really connecting

• 2 years later...