Plugged In Online

Guest Arya

Plugged In Online recently published a review of RIOT! on their website:

Paramore Riot!

From Mag to Web

OCT. 2007

Prosocial Content:

Lead singer Hayley Williams asks an unnamed other (God?) for protection, life, truth and restored innocence ("We Are Broken"). The optimistic "Hallelujah" requests patience, believing "everything's gonna fall right into place." A woman tells her flighty man that she'll strive to make things work when he stops running from his problems ("When It Rains"). Vague faith references are embedded in "Let the Flames Begin." "Fences" seems to be telling celebrities weary of life in the spotlight that they need to erect boundaries to protect their souls. Cloudy context doesn't diminish Williams' desire to witness a "Miracle" ("I won't let you give up on a miracle when it might save you"). That track also finds her refusing to run from things that are uncomfortable. On the popular "Misery Business" a woman won't compromise sexually to win a man. However ...

Objectionable Content:

She lands the guy after he's cut loose by a female she calls "a whore, you're nothing more ... that'll never change." In gloating over her victory, she uses God's name several times in an exclamatory manner.

Summary Advisory:

With a similar vocal style to Avril Lavigne, Williams upstages wailing guitars to deliver palatable angst, plus a few references to faith and hope. Sadly, the clearest mention of God on this sometimes spiritual disc is a misuse of His name. Use the "skip" button on track four.

-----

I don't agree with some of this (mainly the Avril Lavigne and Miz Biz comments), but it's still a pretty positive review.

what a faggot!

(the person who wrote it)

i will not bloody skip misery business just because she says god in it!

it was her choice to use the word, no-one elses!

friggin hell!

ugh, people are so pissy these days

and if someone else compares her to avril lavigne,

i will hurt them,

shes nothing like her!

argh!

¬.¬

Exactly.

If you ask me she got the meaning of When It Rains totally wrong..

I just think that not everything should be linked with or evaluated by religion. Hence why I respect Paramore- they keep it to themselves.

And it's meant to be a music review, not a cross-examination of the bands faith

Wow. Yeah, that is kinda harsh, but hasn't she apologized for that? Or was this written before then? I don't know. But either way, this was a bad way to get their point (if there was one) across.

Reading the other crap reviews on there, the point they want to get across is that it's evil to think for yourself.

I hate sites like that.

Wow. Yeah, that is kinda harsh, but hasn't she apologized for that? Or was this written before then? I don't know. But either way, this was a bad way to get their point (if there was one) across.

She did, in an old LJ entry, I'm sure.

ahahaha @ comparisons to probably one of the gayest people in pop music(sorry to any fans no offence but she totally sold out) they should stop that...and just label Paramore, Paramore they are nothing like avril and never will be

im not religious(hahaha goes to show i just spelt that wrong!)

and i dont think it really matters that she used god in miz biz...that person that wrote that article obviously just had nothing bad to write about them so just pick at the small stuff:mad: