for the fellow Hawthorne Heights' fans...

jtrosper

"Today is probably the worst day ever. It's with our deepest regrets that we have to write this. Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night. We found out this afternoon before sound-check. We've spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we're not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal. Please, out of respect to Casey and his family, don't contribute or succumb to any gossip you may hear. We don't want his memory to be tainted in the least.

Casey was our best friend. He was quirky and awesome and there will truly be no others like him! His loss is unexplainable. As soon as we know more we will let you know.

Sincerely

Hawthorne Heights

Eron, JT, Micah and Matt"

man what a tragedy. it really makes you think about all your loved ones and not to take life for granted (which so many of us do). my heart goes out to HH and Casey's family and friends. Rest In Peace.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really freaking sucks! Man, he was my favorite member too =[ I loved watching him perform because he would play that guitar and scream into that microphone. That sucks so bad. That band certainly will not be the same without him.

But at least his death occurred in his sleep. He probably did not have to suffer that much.

R.I.P Casey.

awww omfg soo sad! hawthorne heights is one of my fav bands nd i looovvvveed casey! he was awesome i was basically chilling with him at warped tour this past summer when me nd my cousin were the very 1st ppl on line 4 the meet&greet he was there the whole time b4 the otehr members came... this sucks.

I'm so sad over this, I can't even tell you. I've been seeing such disrespectful things said about it too, like on absolutepunk.net (of course) and it just sickens me. Someone DIED, and they still want to trash them? People are vile.

My thoughts on the issue...

A death in the music community is mourned by everyone, wether they like the band or not, everyone stops and a moment of silence brings everyone together...the hate stops, the trash talking...and we only mourn for the passing of a wonderful, talented young person who had his whole life ahead of him. Just like when John from Bayside died. All I can say is that my prayers are with everyone this is hurting, his friends, family, the fans, and of course, Hawthorne Heights. It's sad a death is the one thing that can bring the music community together as a family without harsh words, but he was a truly wonderful guy. I can't think of another word but tragic. My heart sunk at hearing this...I saw them live last year during the nintendo fusion tour, and had a meet and greet pass, but circumstances arose which made me unable to meet them. I regret that so much. Now I hope we can all stand together as one community and mourn his loss, and give eachother strength.

REST IN PEACE CASEY. <3

Aparantly I'm closer to a souless person than I thought.

My friend Dillon just told me that I shouldn't worry about it and it's not my problem.

And then he said "Fuck him who cares."

I swear to god tomorrow at school I'm gonna punch his head in. I hate him so fucking much right now. He needs to show a little bit of fucking respect.

P.S.

Sorry for the language.

That stuff really pisses me off. I know it's not a big deal to some people personally, but a person dying, especially a young person with their whole life ahead of them, is a BIG DEAL. Who cares if you don't like his band, have a little respect. It's like they've forgotten the kindergarden rule of "do unto others...". It's stupid because they probably know nothing about his life but they still pass judgement because they don't like his band. Then again you have to consider the morons who post on ap.net. It's basically a bunch of gossip hungry immature weenies.

danggg.. this was really sad wen i heard this. i used to b a huge hawthorne heights fan..

i wanna know what happend to him.. i mean it weird some one that young to die in there sleep.

i told my bro (who is liek sstuding medical or sumthin) and he said like a blood vessle or sumthin could of snapped and enternally bled to death.

i hope they inform us on wat happend to him.

its just really bizzare