Rant Thread III

thebrowncoat

Just got letter through for projects i have to do as "preparation for AS English Literature and AS Media Studies".

English Literature doesn't look too bad, have to read 2 books, collect images of writers' work desks (for some reason?) and write 1500 words on something...

But Media Studies its like "your task is to put together a creative, detailed and informative overview of the history, audience consumption and industrial processes of production (distribution, marketing and exchange) of one of the media tests in the list below: Film, music, newspapers, radio, magazines, video games"

...I don't have a clue what the means because i didn't do Media for GCSE.

Fucccckkkkk.

NOT IMPRESSED.

Just got letter through for projects i have to do as "preparation for AS English Literature and AS Media Studies".

English Literature doesn't look too bad, have to read 2 books, collect images of writers' work desks (for some reason?) and write 1500 words on something...

But Media Studies its like "your task is to put together a creative, detailed and informative overview of the history, audience consumption and industrial processes of production (distribution, marketing and exchange) of one of the media tests in the list below: Film, music, newspapers, radio, magazines, video games"

Fucccckkkkk.

NOT IMPRESSED.

informative overview of the history: look at the facts, about the history, listing major advances and effects of these advances.

audience consumption and industrial processes of production: how its taken on by the consumer (the public or whoever) and how its produced (cd / tape/ vinyl etc) pricing changes, marketting campaigns (adverts flyers blah blah) sup yeh?

Fucccckkkkk.

NOT IMPRESSED.

as hard as it sounds

and i just got a head ache reading that the 1st 3 times lol

pick one of the options, say music

then you have to write a detailed account of the history of it, and all those other big words they used

[im actualy not stupid]

so yeah, just write about the audience and processes of production (including distribution, marketing and exchange)

and bobs your uncle

:mrgreen:

actualy, if you wanna pick film

i can help. ive actualy done an asignment on film history before, its a little different than that

but whatever lol

every little helps!

Haha, i think if i sit down and think about it it won't be too bad... My head's a bit of a mess this morning and i just opened the letter and it was like a massive wave of WHAT THE FUUUUUUCCCCKK.

I'll stop panicking and give it a proper look over and it'll be fine, haha... cheers guys.