The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

Guest JadeIsRad
My boyfriend ruined the whole thing for me. He was like "Watch, watch, this is gonna happen next!" Idiot. Haha.

Hahaha aaww I hate when people do that. Boys, eh? :lol:

I am reading Once There Was a War by John Steinbeck, whom I adore as a writer. This book is full of his accounts of life on the go with World War II soldiers as a writer. It does provide quite a good, yet sorrowful, insight as to how it was being around them one minute and the next day, the very guys with whom he once spoke, are gone forever.

9780143104797.jpg

dr-jekyll1.jpg

Read it yesterday. It was nice,haha,totally not what I expected at the beginning,but it's all cool.

Also,I started reading Madame Bovary (Gustave Flaubert) yesterday. Hopefully,I'll finish it until tomorrow. :shifty:

And I have like 10 more books I want to read,haha. Haven't had any time to read in the past 2 months. Retrieving that time now,haha. Oh well.

LE: Finished reading Madame Bovary. It was nice,even if it was a bit.. similar to Anna Karenina. I don't know,but it followed the same pattern. :shifty:

I also started reading Incest: From a Journal of Love,by Anaïs Nin,on Tuesday,finished it yesterday. Her writing style is amazing.

Aaaaaaand I also started reading yesterday Liberty bar by Georges Simenon. Finished it this morning,haha. It was quite easy to read and fun too. I look forward to reading more of his books.

• 1 month later...

Started reading Angels and demons by Dan Brown on Tuesday :hyper: Finished it yesterday. Oh yeah,it was amazing. Definitely better than "The DaVinci code".

I also started reading yesterday The dead zone,by Stephen King. I have already read 200 pages,haha. I'll probably finish reading it until Sunday or so. It kinda annoys me that the tv show is different,compared to the book,haha. Oh well.