Paramore makes you a better person...?

Jammer

So I've been thinking about this for the past few days, and I thought it might be worth putting it down here to see if anyone else shared a similar feeling on the subject...

I've only been a Paramore fan for about 7 or 8 months now, but in that time I've come to appreciate how they've touched the lives of others through their music...there's a part in the article in the new Rocksound magazine where Hayley says that their fans are 'real people who go through real things', and she's right I have to say. I've seen more than enough instances both here and elsewhere within the overall Paramore online community where people have said that Paramore's music gets them through life, stops them from self-cutting, stops them from contemplating suicide, etc.

Having been a member of messageboards for other bands besides Paramore, I haven't seen something like this for these other bands that I have with Paramore fans. That's not saying that these other bands don't have a similar impact as Paramore have, but it's not as prevalant as it is on here. Besides, I bet if someone made a post on the Foo Fighters postboard about how the band's music changed their life for the better they'd get bombarded with a load of snide remarks. (Yeah, there's a lot of cynical posters on the Foo Fighters board)

And I'm thinking that I've been touched in a similar way. In the past, I probably wouldn't give a second care about someone's issues, since you can't neglect looking out for number 1. But since I came here I started to actually care about the problems of some of the posters here, and I'm sure there's a few people here who can atest to me trying to help them out best I can. In that respect you could consider me a PF personal advisor. :P

So anyways, anyone else here seem to have experienced what I have? And if you read this all the way through, thank you for your patience. :P

• Like 1

well id have to agree with you james...

there music has definately helped me through a lot of things since ive been a fan which has been for about as long as you (7-8 months) and let em tell you...they are real people...they arent the type of band who does it for the money or to be famous andbe the center of attention...they care about their fans and know that they mean a lot to many people, including me. sometimes i just want to end everything but then i turn on Paramore and its like it all goes away...

Pressure, i know, probably means something different for many people than it does for me and when im down and out, that song really helps. EVERY one of their songs helps me through different things and im glad I found this band...

so i guess i pretty much agree with james and ive found that there are sooo many people with the same problems as me...everyone on these boards has at least one thing in common...

It's a BEAUTIFUL thing!

I would definitely have to agree with you. I have been a Paramore fan for about 2 and a half years now and their music has definitely changed my life for the better. Their music is really shows that they are real people too who go through the same things that we do. A lot of people think that celebrities are inhuman but they aren't. Paramore shows everyone that they are the same as you and me. Also, the way they treat their fans is the best I have seen from any band and I think it makes them good role models for younger kids. They treat everyone with equal respect. I think if everyone treated others the way Paramore treated others, the world would be a better place. I know that I try to treat everyone that I meet with respect because it just makes you a better person. On top of that, their music has made our bad days good, has made us smile when we were crying, and saved people's lives. Overall, I'd say that Paramore has changed lives. That is why they are my favorite band.

I guess I can sort of agree with you mr "Jammer" I do in fact, Now care about what people have to say on this board, But I think its only because I get to know paramores fans a little bit better, So that when I do meet them(Paramore), I can tell them about their fans. I know I will meet them, Because well you guys will see :D but I sometimes think thats the only reason why I started to even go out of my way to read what everyone says. Before I didnt care at all.

ehehehe :D Yes, That is what I think for myself. Im sure it'll convert into just plain caring to what people have to say now. It only changes me on this forum, thats how I know it didnt convert me outside of this internet forum.

Oh yeah, definitely.

Besides, Paramore aren't one of those emo bands that talk about depression and sadness all the time, or in some way throw in suicide. They talk about life, but they don't make it seem so bad, they talk about fighting back and getting over it all.

agreed.

ive been listening to paramore for about two years and two months id say. i first discovered them through fall out boys myspace - back in them days i was a sucker for them. LOL. from the moment i heard "all we know" i knew they were going to be something incredible, but its only really in the past 10 months (less maybe) that they've really been a huge part of my life.

their lyrics are deep and meanigful, without being depressing or "emo". practically every song i can tie to something thats happened to me or someone i know, without me trying so hard to make a connection that its cheesy!

plus i know what i mean about their whole fanbase thing - never have i known such a loving and passionate cult (and thats coming from someone whos been a fucking mcfly fan for four years AND is a mighty boosh fan pft).

and more than anything, i dont think i've ever admired someone has much as admire hayley nichole williams - im sure we all know the reasons why :)

Paramore is an inspirational band, well not life changing. Lets just say some may be more dependent on their songs more than others. I just really love their music and love the band as a whole no matter the circumstances. Their lyrics are pretty awesome, but it matters what type of person you are, that the lyrics would get to you in some way. You know if you love practically every song from a band, you must really like them. I love paramore, but I'm not inspired to be like them or do what they say or whatnot. They are just there to make you a little happier during the day when things are blue, or when you're up and ready to do a little shaky shaky from excitement. Paramore's band name justifies how we feel about them and what type of fanbase they have.

i started to care less about what people think of me and opened me up to other music. female fronted bands actually. i never could get into any band with a female singer until i heard paramore and since then i started listening to eisely, evanesence, flyleaf(just a little though) and a bunch of others. so i guess thats good

they kinda helped me with the cutting and depression.

their music really helped me through hard times.

especially when you can relate to everything they write.

i kinda wish i wrote their songs.

i can really relate to brighter when my aunt died.

franklin - cause i'm graduating this march.

all we know - when i have a falling out with friends.

i can go on and on and on about the moments in my life where their songs can be in the background [just like in the movies] :)

they kinda helped me with the cutting and depression.

their music really helped me through hard times.

especially when you can relate to everything they write.

i kinda wish i wrote their songs.

i can really relate to brighter when my aunt died.

franklin - cause i'm graduating this march.

all we know - when i have a falling out with friends.

i can go on and on and on about the moments in my life where their songs can be in the background [just like in the movies] :)

i agree with you about the fact that their songs would be played behind a lot of moments in my life like the movies...

i wouldn't wake up in the morning if it wasn't for hayley

she's my motivation for everything

i've had some really big problems over the past few years

and paramore's the only thing that kept me sane

i owe my life to them

in more ways than one

and i'll never forget that