Coldplay

MeLoN

Ok so Ive known them for ages now.

Never really thought of creating a new topic about them.

Why would I? Everyone knows them.'

But I figured they still deserve it! So yay for Coldplaaaay.

I fell in love with The Scientist again, I saw it on MTV this morning [Yes I watch MTV, you can kill me now]. So I decided to play some of their albums I happen to have :roll: and fell in love, again.

splash_0306.jpg

THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME. AMAZING.

I've been in love with them for 5 years now...

I was even supposed to fly out from CA to NY to see them last week.

But it was in the middle of my college midterms.... boohoo

Now, they're taking a 3 year break :(

untitled.jpg

I was going to start a Coldplay thread...

But I didn't think many people here liked them.

I've been to 8 Coldplay concerts, so flippin expensive.

I've had front row 3 times, and within 5 rows from stage all other times.

http://www.aarfans.com/coldplay ---> my videos and pictures from my CP shows! yayayyy

• 1 month later...

yep. i saw it. i was dying on the coldplaying forums. i totally remember that there was seriously a thread about it and it was over 20 pages in an hour. there were people sitting back laughing and people in complete disgust and dismay.

i was in disgust at first, since it's just soooo bad. but honestly, i think it's hilarious... they always seem so tense/serious, and i'm so happy this video got to expose a lighter side of the band. in the end, i obviously wouldn't have started a 3 year hiatus with this video, but it's funny. i mean have you seen "talk"? yeah, we all thought THAT was weird. now it looks normal haha.

Gawd they're so crap.

First album was listenable' date=' and then they just spewed out the same song over and over again, but on two albums.[/quote']

I agree to an extent.

The first album was amazing, listenable from start to finish and songs which sent chills to my spine. Their last two albums however were very ordinary sprinkled with the odd classic here and there (The Scientist and Fix You spring to mind for me).

And for a guy who can't really sing that well, Chris Martin has done very well for himself.

A Rush of Blood to the Head is their best album. So you guys are both wrong.

I can go on and on about it' date=' but I'm not even considering their mainstream hits.[/quote']

Honestly, I prefer X&Y to both Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head...so clearly we all have different opinions :)

• 2 years later...

Viva La Vida hasn't grown on me yet but Coldplay albums always take a while to fully grow on me. I always like a handful of songs on the first listen then the rest take a while and this is no different.

Good album though, not stopped listening to it for the past 2 weeks.

Violet Hill seriously disappointed me in comparison to other Coldplay stuff. Honestly I fall asleep with their music, hence they came out as "Best Band to Fall Asleep With" in some awards some time ago, haha. Chris Martin's voice was really well developed in "Homecoming", along with Kanye. Liked how the type of different music actually matched him. x]

I like some of their classics, like the scientist, clocks, speed of sound, yellow, fix you, the hardest part, etcetera. But that's about it. :P