Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Gutted, we were definately not the 2nd best team on the pitch today; and had the ref given that penalty at the end, then the scoreline would have probably reflected a fairer score(assuming Chopra stuck it away)

Newcastle's attack was shocking for a team top of the league. They only had a couple of shots and their goal was from a corner, which we have had a bad reputation of defending this season and Marshall's command of area is pathetic. At the other end, our set pieces we awful once again. We had so many free kicks and corners in dangerous positions and we wasted ALL of them.

Still pretty encouraging I guess, I though we would get smashed today but that definately wasn't the case. Had Ledley looked the slightest bit interested and we had McCormack on the left wing, the score could have been very differant today.

Gutted, we were definately not the 2nd best team on the pitch today; and had the ref given that penalty at the end, then the scoreline would have probably reflected a fairer score(assuming Chopra stuck it away)

Never a penalty imo, how Taylor could have deliberately handballed that I don't know. I thought that was the one of the few decisions the ref got right. He gave way too many free-kicks.

Newcastle's attack was shocking for a team top of the league.

Yep, but when you're missing both your first choice strikers and relying on an 18 year old guy who only started his second ever game for the team up front it's to be expected ;-) Although I wasn't happy with Newcastle going forward at all. I thought they should have created a lot more chances. I was surprised at the subs too, and Lovenkrands was crap.

Aye who'd have thought him of all people

I know. I laughed when he nodded the ball in :mrgreen:

We missed a penalty in the last 10 minutes against Rangers on Saturday. Absolutely gutted, the higlights make it look as if rangers were the better team. What a load of shit. Motherwell deserved to win the game. Rangers didnt even make our goalkeeper break sweat. I wouldve took a draw before the game, but missing that penalty is a hard one to take.

I'll be honest, I watched the first 15 minutes of Motherwell v Rangers and it looked a poor game. Both sides were giving the ball away back and forth, it was more like a game of tennis than football :shifty: Rangers certainly didn't play like champions, but from what I saw (in such a short space of time) both sides were as bad as each other.

Adebayor charged by the FA for violent conduct and inciting the crowd. No surprises there really

Also, Fantasy Football table was to quote Chris Kamara, unbelievable, as Matt went from 2nd to 5th and Lara went from 5th to 2nd :uhh: I was quite surprised to stay 3rd, considering my subs bench was full of injuries :lol:

1. The Cockney Mafia Tom 261

2. Mothership United Lara 229

3. The Banana Boys Andrew 219

4. Steelmen XI (Mod) Ross 210

5. Royal Berkshire Matt 208

6. Change Name Gaz 187

7. Degausser FC Ross 149

8. TEAM JJFC James 145

Unlucky Newcastle lads. Blackpool are a tricky side, we only managed 1 point away. They play some nice stuff at home.

We just about managed to win 1-0 at Reading! For anyone who doesn't remember, we were winning 1-0 at the Madjeski Stadium last season before their keeper came up for a corner and scored in the last minute of injury time to make it 1-1.

Apparently, they just got a corner right at the end and the same keeper came up and connected with an overhead kick that was brilliantly saved! :D Crazy stuff!

Should be interesting to see how the players react to defeat. Also Hughton needs to sign a striker QUICKLY... Ameobi is out til December with a foot injury. Stop talking about who you want to sign on loan, and actually do it :P Cause he was talking about getting that young defender Cathcart and Watford have jumped in and signed him ahead of us now.