The Accent Thread

Jorgi

Dang I need a microphone.

To be fair you can kinda get an idea of my accent in that video I recently posted of me playing guitar.

I've been told it's like you can hear tinges of American, Canadian, English and various other English speaking country accents in my voice, which I think is because my mom is from the Philippines so I grew up around not only my dad's Australia accent, but whatever the hell weird accent my mom had too.

So yeah, I don't really sound like a very stereotypical Australian, but the main element is still there for the most part though.

^Fuck no, lol.

Seriously though, if you live in a huge urbanized area like I do, it's pretty rare to hear anyone even say when they greet, you'd be far more likely to hear someone say "Sup?" or "Hey dude!" than "G'day mate" if my personal experience is anything to go by, at least with people under the age of 25 anyway.

"G'day" is associated with 'bogan' culture (Kinda like our version of redneck, uncultured peoples) so really most people avoid saying it to avoid embarrassment and accusations of being a bogan.

Well I can say Kangaroo, yeah, but I have to mention also that it's dedicated to Roger too lol. I don't think it's a particularly embarrassing word, I mean after all it's just some animal, eh, dogs, cats, gorillas, kangaroos, just different things.

I dunno when I can do it though, depends on whether it would be like a youtube film of me or not, might not be for another 2 weeks.

And until then I gotta think of something you gotta say.