Paramore working on new material

St.Jimmy

just read an article on billboard.com,

they interviewed josh and he was talking about the new album

With its the Final Riot! Tour in motion, Paramore is using soundchecks to work on new material for the follow-up to its platinum 2007 sophomore album "Riot."

Guitarist Josh Farro tells Billboard.com that the group has "anywhere from seven to 10 songs ... they're not complete, but they're really good ideas I think we have a good chance of using. It's mainly just music that I've written and Hayley (Williams, Paramore's singer) has some lyrics and melodies. She's kind of just waiting on me to finish my musical ideas before I can give them to her. It's a slow process"

Farro says he expects the group to start working in earnest on its third album this fall, after coming off the road. He hopes to be in the studio by January and have the album out by mid-2009. No producer has been chosen yet, but Farro says that "a lot of people are interested, a lot of big-name guys we're going to meet with. It feels pretty good to have some big-name producers that really want to record you're band, but ... I think we're gonna wait 'til we have some actual songs that are finished."

The new songs, according to the guitarist, are a varied bunch. "I can just see it having a lot more dynamics," Farro predicts. "The first record (2005's 'All We Know is Falling') and 'Riot!' seemed to stay at the same level, but now we've got some really, really mellow songs that you'd never expect to hear out of our band, and then we've got even heavier songs than we've ever had. It's gonna be a little different."

Farro also acknowledges that there's "a ton of pressure" on the next album, which the group is trying to keep at bay.

"('Riot!') went platinum, which means we've got to beat that or at least match it, and that's a hard thing to do these days," Farro says. "So we want to make sure we make the right record. But if we don't make platinum on the next record, we're not gonna be all upset or anything. We're just gonna make a record we love. If it doesn't do well, there's not much we can do. We're just here to make music we love."

Before the next album, however, fans may get a DVD from the Last Riot! Tour. Farro says a friend is on the road filming shows and videotaping behind the scenes, and he expects the footage to be released in some form.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003837037

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but it's great news! Already 10 songs

http://charlotte.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/paramore_at_least_they_re_enjoying_the_ride/Content?oid=344213

Paramore is also in the process of writing for their next album, which will be released ... at some point. While Williams recently stated in an interview that the new disc would be released in the summer of 2009, Farro laughs that off as the mistake of a younger band member.

"We have no idea -- Hayley will say things on stage and in interviews that she has no idea about," Farro says. "The whole next summer thing -- we haven't talked about when we're going to record the record. It may be sooner, it may be later. We have some ideas that we practice in sound check, but nothing's been recorded. We'll probably start demoing after this tour and then start the whole process ... nothing until then."

After the current tour is over, the band plans on taking a month off before enjoying the holidays and intermittently working on their next album. Farro feels like they've all grown as musicians on the road and hopes that translates in the new songs when they're completed.

Wait and see...

I want more heavy songs like Emergency or have screaming in the background like My Heart, so far, I'm a bit tired of my selection of Paramore, so I'm interested to hear a new bit from them!

I know, they should stop touring (being that they wont come back to illinois for a while) and start the new album! Good idea right?