Do you consider yourself and emo? Emo discussion

Locomotion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider myself an emo, but a lot of people do. I think the whole emo concept is ridiculous. It has completely made depression "cool" and "lame" at the same time. I hate it, because I suffer from depression, and it's not something you can get over in one week. Depression is not a joke and nowadays I get called "emo" all the time when people see the scars on my wrists, or the tears in my eyes. It's not my fault that I feel like crying or not getting out of bed in the morning. I can't help the anxiety or the urge to pick up a knife and hurt myself again. I'm trying to fight against it and not let it take over me, but it's hard and people who think that I'm being emo just because it's cool, couldn't be more wrong.

I don't consider myself an emo, but a lot of people do. I think the whole emo concept is ridiculous. It has completely made depression "cool" and "lame" at the same time. I it, because I suffer from depression, and it's not something you can get over in one week. Depression is not a joke and nowadays I get called "emo" all the time when people see the scars on my wrists, or the tears in my eyes. It's not my fault that I feel like crying or not getting out of bed in the morning. I can't help the anxiety or the urge to pick up a knife and hurt myself again. I'm trying to fight against it and not let it take over me, but it's hard and people who think that I'm being emo just because it's cool, couldn't be more wrong.

aww, i know what you mean,

i had that same thing happen to me

:hug:

personally labels are dumb in general. but something like emo wich is nuthing more than a haircut and a pair of jeans and if ur "hardcore" enough you'll make tiny little scratches on your wrists claiming that your middle class life sucks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujdzrBiZbKw :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

nuff said. WATCH IT!!