Any chance....

the1

no you're both right and sometimes the mods post in the threads and don't actually close them, like I mentioned in the Coldplay thread. it doesn't make sense to say "this thread is pointless" but not do anything when you have the power to..

Sorry I had to say that...and this section of the forum is full of useless threads, Shivari is right.

I beg to differ. How many pointless threads have been made in here in the past couple days alone? Way too many. If the discussion resembles a MSN discussion it's spam and it's rampant here.

meh. I do see what you mean don't worry, but tbh with all these "Jade and Hayleyz Spam thread!" as well, it wouldn't be fair to just blame in puely on me and Alex (Which im guessing most of you are. No offense taken)

Leadership is definitely a thing that helps a forum out tremendously, if the posters see the mods making well thought out posts the members will do the same. It can even help improve those people that are spammers and make them fine members.

Dude. No offense but you've been here 2 minutes. At least give it a while to let it smooth out. You seem to have come at a bad time lol

Dude. No offense but you've been here 2 minutes. At least give it a while to let it smooth out. You seem to have come at a bad time lol

I've been here for about a week.

meh. I do see what you mean don't worry, but tbh with all these "Jade and Hayleyz Spam thread!" as well, it wouldn't be fair to just blame in puely on me and Alex (Which im guessing most of you are. No offense taken)

I'm not blaming it on you or Alex (not sure who he is yet, only starting to recognize usernames) it's just a common thing here, and that needs to change if you want more good posters to come here. Honestly, if I hadn't come here to get a banner made (as the forum I mod has a dead graphics section) I would have been turned off by this place and not signed up.

Yeah I agree, I have no idea who the mod's are. I am a mod (well made and run the whole thing) on another forum and i post often, and take the time to get to know each member. again not that im bashing the mods or anything..

I see the admins/mods early in the morning so maybe they don't have anyone to cover the European time?

Anyway what forums do you guys mod/admin on?

Well I disagree, I think that there are good posters here. Surely if it's that bad you can go back to where you came from?

There definitely are good posters here, and I think most of the people that spam could be better posters if they tried. And I guess I could just give up and "go back to where I came from" but I kinda want to help this place out a little, and it can be good if there was a bit more discussion and less spam.

Okay, here's what I think

I used to be a "good poster" i.e. just post not very often but always relevant. But now it's the end of the school holidays and Im bored and getting very little sleep.

2 weeks and I'll be back to the quiet poster everyone never knew

There is a difference between spam (where people go over the top and make the place unbearable) and the Spam where people chat in a thread/make friends which is why I think a regular should be a mod here because they would know the difference of that.

I agree there's definitely a difference, but even the "chatting/making friends" can derail a thread and change it from a good discussion to a useless thread. It has to be contained a bit, and people need to know when to stop.

You thought your shitty paint thing was interesting? Not even close suckah, Next time paint something cool like that raptor thing.

I didn't mean my actual painting, I meant the fact that you can paint and post your own.

People like you are the reason people like me end up flaming. Get your head out of your ass and look next time before posting a derogatory comment.

• Like 1

I like the paint thread! it's fun!!

and i knew who you were james.

now there are so many newbies, it seems a lot us older members are becoming "unknown" somewhat. But there should be a mod here at all times, at least one. If one of the mods can't because of the time difference then they need to get a new one from US or something. A mod from every time zone or whatever has to be done.

I didn't mean my actual painting, I meant the fact that you can paint and post your own.

People like you are the reason people like me end up flaming. Get your head out of your ass and look next time before posting a derogatory comment.

Take it easy, It's just the internet :D

Besides, That post wasn't mean for you to "get real" with me.

I agree there's definitely a difference, but even the "chatting/making friends" can derail a thread and change it from a good discussion to a useless thread. It has to be contained a bit, and people need to know when to stop.

True but if you noticed there isn't really a turnover of topics so even the odd chat breaks up the monotony and stops people dredging up topics from the past.

Lenience is the key methinks