=[

hayleh

i think i'll die waiting until 07 though. i guess its smart cuz it keeps their fans hooked and it leaves plenty of time for people to spread the word.

yeap, that was their main reason for it.

gosh

i cant believe they came up with all we know is falling in like 3-4 months.

soooo talented.

i jsut wish their new album would have like 50 songs

but thats not gunna happen haha

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i guess for the 'greedy' bunch, i can relate them in a way. I guess some of us like to know that we're listening to an awesome band and that ONLY some of us know about them. Its comraderie thats small but dedicated i suppose. Everyone likes to feel exclusive somehow.

But like Rogue Ninja said, any band who wants to spread their music will eventually be big one day if they're good like Paramore. They're goin big for the right reasons, which is the biggest thing i respect about them :). I will always be loyal to Paramore, just like most of us on these forums will be.

But my concern is once they get big like on TRL and MTV, ppl will start to say some bad stuff about them cause they're getting big, like they're selling out or something. You will get a big bunch of posers who say they will die for Paramore one week and then Lindsay Lohan the next. The tabloids will start writing shit about their personal lives and we will only be left to remember what they were truly like. Lets all just hope and pray that they dont ever sell out, and they keep true to their music and fans just like they're doin now.

Man i sure as hell hope that if they ever get cornered into making a more radio friendly sound, they pull of what Sick Of It All did in the early 90's. Instead of following other bands into a more common sound, Sick of it all released an even heavier record to counter it. haha hardcore punk culture.

Ren

Well i guess for the 'greedy' bunch' date=' i can relate them in a way. I guess some of us like to know that we're listening to an awesome band and that ONLY some of us know about them. Its comraderie thats small but dedicated i suppose. Everyone likes to feel exclusive somehow.

But like Rogue Ninja said, any band who wants to spread their music will eventually be big one day if they're good like Paramore. They're goin big for the right reasons, which is the biggest thing i respect about them :). I will always be loyal to Paramore, just like most of us on these forums will be.

But my concern is once they get big like on TRL and MTV, ppl will start to say some bad stuff about them cause they're getting big, like they're selling out or something. You will get a big bunch of posers who say they will die for Paramore one week and then Lindsay Lohan the next. The tabloids will start writing shit about their personal lives and we will only be left to remember what they were truly like. Lets all just hope and pray that they dont ever sell out, and they keep true to their music and fans just like they're doin now.

Man i sure as hell hope that if they ever get cornered into making a more radio friendly sound, they pull of what Sick Of It All did in the early 90's. Instead of following other bands into a more common sound, Sick of it all released an even heavier record to counter it. haha hardcore punk culture.

Ren[/quote']

this post even more shows why ren is the man.. :D

u are right in every way and i cant add to this.. lol, all ill say is that i hope they stay true to everything too.. i think they will, but i mean britney was always a good country girl who was fun and wholesome and look at her now.. i mean u just never know i guess.. u can only pray.. and since i believe in God i will lol..

Man i sure as hell hope that if they ever get cornered into making a more radio friendly sound' date=' they pull of what Sick Of It All did in the early 90's. Instead of following other bands into a more common sound, Sick of it all released an even heavier record to counter it. haha hardcore punk culture.

Ren[/quote']

I think they're pretty radio-friendly already. I'm not a big fan of punk, and I love Paramore, so I can't put them together in my mind.

it makes me feel ill when people i don't like have paramore playing away on their myspace.

that might show how immiture i am, but i don't care.

i hate it when people i dislike .. like the same music as me.

i'm a big freak.

=]

• 2 weeks later...

yea same here i dont want em to get big i wouldnt mind if all the fans were as devoted as we were but they wont be and that sux i dont want em to turn into some mtv fall out boy type group (no offense to fob fans) or like see preps singin mcr's im not okay it sux because you know that they only know the hits

yea same here i dont want em to get big i wouldnt mind if all the fans were as devoted as we were but they wont be and that sux i dont want em to turn into some mtv fall out boy type group (no offense to fob fans) or like see preps singin mcr's im not okay it sux because you know that they only know the hits

What's wrong with only knowing the hits? Do you know every song of every band or artist you've ever enjoyed? I put Toni Braxton on my iPod becasue there are two or three songs of hers that I lvoe, but I rarely listen to the rest of the album. Same with Mariah Carey and Nelly Furtado.

I don't know. I'm kind of torn on this specific subject. They totally deserve to be known by everyone as the amazing band that they are but like the rest of you, I love that they still play the smaller venues and we can actually meet them and hang out as opposed to when they start playing bigger venues and you can't meet them because there are so many people there. Either way, I'll always be a fan....even if that means I have to stand in between two different 12 year olds in an arena in order to see them.