Rant Thread IV

RenegadeRoss

Well then, Hiroki, stop listening to Paramore then.

I have but I come back to them time and time again when I want a quick pop fix.

I take them for what they are a simple pop band built on the rock genre to cash in on their limited appeal. But I like them like that.

Steer Clear

Hey everybody.

There's been some buzz about this and a lot of people have been asking a lot of questions so, hopefully, this blog will clear some things up and keep everyone in the know as to what has been going on.

As a band we've decided to split up. We've been thinking about it a lot recently and it seems to be the right thing to do. Steer Clear has been the most fun times we've ever had as people and musicians and we wouldn't change anything that happened for the world.

Basically we always had the attitude that the band should be fun and the second it stopped being fun is the second we stop playing. We want to leave the band in a place in our hearts and memories as something we enjoyed, something we loved doing and something that we learnt from and grew up with.

We have achieved more than we ever dreamt of as a band. We got signed, recorded an album, charted a single, shared stages with our heroes, played our own sold out shows to people who like our band, had awesome shows and awesome after parties, got to play in mainland UK, got to play in America, shot a music video, got played on radio and TV, recorded a live radio 1 session and got to meet loads of new people we never would have through touring and playing shows.

We have the most amazing fans, we've always said that. People that take their own time to go out on the street and spread the word, help out promoting shows and just the general vibing they do to spread the word. People that were into our band were really into our band and we hope that they enjoyed the music as much we loved making it.

We want to thank anyone who's ever helped us out in any way be that going out and sticking our flyers all over phone boxes and getting people to shows or even sending your friend a link saying 'HEY! Check this band out!'. As cheesy as it sounds and every band says it, but maybe the reason they say it is because it's true and the best way of putting it, but we literally wouldn't be anywhere without our fans and people who listened and supported the band. Without you guys we would have been playing to empty venues (and believe us we HAVE!) and that's no fun for anyone so thanks for coming out and partying hard.

We're having 2 final shows, 1 in ..:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Belfast and 1 in Dublin which are our 2 bases as a band. Keep checking back for dates and we hope that anyone who's even heard of us or supported us in any way or at any time over the last 4 years will come out; we'd love to see you down there. It's gonna be a party, a celebration: it's not a funeral so let's not treat it like one. And right now we just need a break, we've been going a bajillion miles per hour and we all personally need time to concentrate on other things in our lives. So keep checking back to this page for any updates as to what we're up to personally and perhaps musically. Music runs through our veins, that's why we started this band so keep an ear to the ground!

With regards to these 2 shows we're pleased to announce that Vinny will be back and playing them with us. "What about Ebbs?!" I hear you exclaim. Well Ebbs actually suggested it and the rest of us agreed. Vinny gave 3 and whatever years to Steer Clear and was the founding member back in 2004 with p0d. So it makes sense for him to come back to celebrate what we achieved as a band and the fun times that we had. We want to hang out at the show and talk to everyone as much as possible and hear what you guys think and we'll be playing a specially extended set and trying to fit in as many songs as possible too.

So all that's left to do is say 'THANK YOU'. A big massive one all in capitals with a million exclamation marks afterwards. We'll get the new songs/and old ones up over the next while along with some old photos etc.

You guys are fucking awesome.

No Regrets.

p0d/Vinny/Ebbs/Sib/Simon/Mark

Steer Clear

i actually wanna cry

after paramore - they're my fav band!

bad bad times!

Sure it would as you can easily find someone to write their type of lyrics and the music seems to have the same sound so it's not difficult. If Hayley left then there would be no more Paramore but all the guys can leave and she can replace them ala Evanescence

Although I can see your point Evanescence just isn't the same without Ben Moody and David Hodges (and all the others she kicked out later). Origin is and always will be by far their best album. Even though I love Amy Lee, she will never find band members or create a solo album as great of origin. All of the band members make up the band and if you replace one member it'll change their sound.

That would be SOOO SO SO nice!!!i cant even tell you. My parents are really crazy, and im not the only one who thinks so. and i think they are screwing me up too. we dont live like normal people and i want to be normal so bad. it would be nice to be away from them for awhile.

If only I knew you, I'd ask my cousin... lol

But seriously... You need someone to talk to, like a psychiatrist, I know it may sound stupid, but when I went I was a skeptic at first, but it truly does help.