Bands that don't get the credit they deserve...

FueledByPara

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo, Thats a great line right there. Their music has got me through some suicidal thoughts, Like maybe it pushed back that feeling away with it's arms kinda thing. It kept me stable.

I just need more longer songs! :P

That's really good. :)

But yeah, an epicly long one would be cool haha.

So I Thought isn't exactly short though, is it?

Well it is, I fall asleep to it usually. But I won't be checking that song out when I'm having a blast. It's kinda depressing don't you think :D

It's a cool song to self pity myself to though.

I didn't mean that comment in any inappropriate way or anything.

Well it is, I fall asleep to it usually. But I won't be checking that song out when I'm having a blast. It's kinda depressing don't you think :D

It's a cool song to self pity myself to though.

I didn't mean that comment in any inappropriate way or anything.

No worries, I have songs for that too.

That isn't one though, I seem to be the only person in the world not depressed over love.

It's all freaking love and break up songs man. I need something to relate to! Haha.

No, I'm pretty damn fucking sure it's fact.

If you actually think MCR are the greatest band on the Earth then you don't really deserve to be a member of modern society. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of MCR now and again but to suggest that no one on the planet matches up to this apparent "greatness" is nothing short of blasphemous.

Brand New are my favourite band but you will never, ever, ever hear me, seriously, claim that they are the greatest band ever. They aren't anywhere close. My Chemical Romance are not anywhere close. Very few bands from the past 10 years or so are actually very close. And to suggest that MCR are the greatest band ever says to me, and not only me, that you've probably only listened to about 3 bands in your life. The other two most likely being the Vengaboys and Electric 6.

Point being - MCR are not the greatest band ever. Expand your musical horizons and find out for yourself why not. Go listen to stuff you wouldn't normally like Elliot Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel or even Jawbreaker (one of MCRs influences on older records) and you'll hear why.

I don't know who the greatest band ever is, but I'm damn sure it's not MCR.

i've listened to ALOT of bands and have a VERY varied music taste, just because you might not like my favorite band, doesn't mean your opinion of them is FACT. tbh, i think alot of bands are the greatest bands ever and they don't sound like MCR, like Blink 182, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, so don't say i should expand my musical horizon's when they're alot more expanded than most. and i don't think you grab the concept of fact and opinion, i know ALOT of people who's opinion is that MCR are one of the greatest in the world and also i know people like YOU who in their OPINION (it's not fact.) they're not. i think certain bands are complete rubbish, but just because i think that doesn't mean it's FACT does it. and if you go back to page 4 you'll see i said they were ONE of the greatest bands on earth. :)

i've listened to ALOT of bands and have a VERY varied music taste, just because you might not like my favorite band, doesn't mean your opinion of them is FACT. tbh, i think alot of bands are the greatest bands ever and they don't sound like MCR, like Blink 182, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, so don't say i should expand my musical horizon's when they're alot more expanded than most. and i don't think you grab the concept of fact and opinion, i know ALOT of people who's opinion is that MCR are one of the greatest in the world and also i know people like YOU who in their OPINION (it's not fact.) they're not. i think certain bands are complete rubbish, but just because i think that doesn't mean it's FACT does it.

The only opinion I hold of MCR that you know is that I don't think they are one of the greatest bands ever. I also have not at one point said I never liked MCR. I've said before I listen to them on a semi-occasional basis and quite Like "Three Cheers..." so maybe try reading my posts a little more. Hell, I even said it in the exact post you quoted!

I know someone who has been to see MCR 14 fucking times. Yeah, 14. Followed them on their tour with TBS in 2002 or whenever it was. Even he says they are far from the greatest band ever. And I think he's in an even better position to comment than me.

Saying there can be more than one "greatest band ever" is a little redundant as well. "The greatest" by definition is "the best in their field". Field being music. There, by definition, can not be more than one. Shannon has it right, there isn't a greatest band ever, but if there was MCR are not it.

Listing bands like blink-182, the Beatles and Pink Floyd proves nothing either. I could just as equally pull names out of the top of my head and use it to emphasise a point. As I have done before, but at least elaborated upon as to why I used those bands. I've been listening to blink for about 10 years now, and I think they're far from the best band in the world as well. The Beatles and Pink Floyd are still semi-questionable. PF moreso then the Beatles through preference.

Nah, trust me. I more than competently grasp the concept of fact and opinion. It's not a hard concept to grasp. You, unfortunately, have a larger problem of being unable to take criticism of your own opinion. You can try to call me a hypocrite here all you want. But it's far from the truth.

Oh, and I emplore you to "tl;dr" my ass.

No, I do get your point actually. All I'm trying to show, in a backwards way, is that just cause band X are your favourite band does not mean that band X are one of the greatest band ever.

You're trying to discredit my argument saying "it's a matter of opinion" yet all you've done is refuse to accept the fact that your opinion is wrong. Yes, opinion can be wrong. To believe otherwise, to prove a/your point, is just stubborn.

No, I do get your point actually. All I'm trying to show, in a backwards way, is that just cause band X are your favourite band does not mean that band X are one of the greatest band ever.

You're trying to discredit my argument saying "it's a matter of opinion" yet all you've done is refuse to accept the fact that your opinion is wrong. Yes, opinion can be wrong. To believe otherwise, to prove a/your point, is just stubborn.

no, what i'm trying to say is no one's opinion is wrong, that's why it's opinion, no one has the right to say "your opinion is wrong" because they disagree, i do disagree with you saying MCR aren't a great band but what i was trying to say was just because if was your opinion doesn't mean it's fact, okay i'll go back on my words there isn't a GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD, but there's a greatest band in everyone's opinion =/ that's all i was trying to say sorry...

no, what i'm trying to say is no one's opinion is wrong, that's why it's opinion, no one has the right to say "your opinion is wrong" because they disagree, i do disagree with you saying MCR aren't a great band but what i was trying to say was just because if was your opinion doesn't mean it's fact, okay i'll go back on my words there isn't a GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD, but there's a greatest band in everyone's opinion =/ that's all i was trying to say sorry...

First of all, I accept your apology. I can agree with what came before it! haha:)

I never said they weren't a great bad either, I just said they weren't the greatest. ;-)

One thing though. Opinions can be wrong. That's why it's opinion. Opinion should not be held in the belief that everyone has an opinion and it's right. Opinion should be everyone has it and everyone is wrong, until proven otherwise. Proof of such: the BNP. Anyone who belives their ideologies are acceptable because it's their opinion and they are entitled to it is wrong.

... mcr get too much credit, i think.

agreed. i didn't like the black parade tbh. they was maybe 5 good songs on it in my opinion.

hmmm i'll say Joss Stone. I know shes probably pretty big in the uk but where I live few people have heard of her.