overrated bands/artists thread !

emily !

Neutral Milk Hotel can only be overrated as in people should not only listen to the song In An Aeroplane Over The Sea, but the whole album.

But that's another kind of overrated, that's not even called overrated.

I'm confusing, but you understand me.

I'd say people listen to the likes of Two-Headed Boy and Oh Comely more. Considering, they're covered more.

I prefer On Avery Island, if I'm honest.

EDIT: A quick last.fm check shows ITAOTS as being NMH's most played song. My bad.

Yeah, that's true. Her voice makes me want to kill myself. And her. And other people.

All the Disney "artists", like JB, are there purely so Disney can make more money. They don't have to have any skill or talent becuase they're aimed at prepubescent kids, who have no idea what good music is, becuase they have nothing to compare it to. They wouldn't recognise musical skill if it smacked 'em one square in the face. All they need is to look pretty for the kids, then Disney'll market them. Kids'll lap up anything that gets fed to them, 'slong as it's performed by someone they think's attractive, because they don't tend to know any better.

she has a killer voice though, fo real

I've listened to a couple of her songs and I'm sorry but her voice isn't that great. It may be ok... for a 15 year old but compared to all of the other stuff out there its very poor.

Yeah, that's true. Her voice makes me want to kill myself. And her. And other people.

All the Disney "artists", like JB, are there purely so Disney can make more money. They don't have to have any skill or talent becuase they're aimed at prepubescent kids, who have no idea what good music is, becuase they have nothing to compare it to. They wouldn't recognise musical skill if it smacked 'em one square in the face. All they need is to look pretty for the kids, then Disney'll market them. Kids'll lap up anything that gets fed to them, 'slong as it's performed by someone they think's attractive, because they don't tend to know any better.

Actually I agree with you cause I have a pretty embarassing music history. I can't beleived that I listened to Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears when I was 10 or so. People should just market good music not whats gonna "sell" cause obviously what the major labels are doing isn't working.

why does it irritate you guys that teenies like Paramore and Muse it will help them sell more records.Just ignore them.

But then they get more innacessable. Tickets get more expensive, and stuff like that.

And personally, I like having bands "all to myself" per say.

I have the same problem. I hated it when people came to me like ''Dude check this out a new band called paramore their awesome!'' .. yeah

-

I think Green Day is overrated.. (im sorry everyone who's a fan) I just dont think their thát good.

But then they get more innacessable. Tickets get more expensive, and stuff like that.

Don't be selfish.

That is fame.

Imagine that one day, Paramore would've broken up because they didn't earned enough money to keep up ?

You should be happy for them.